2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Wow they overpaid badly. 61 million guaranteed money for CK not even a top 10 ranked QB. Cam Newton loving this for his new deal.

Yep pretty much. Russell Wilson is the biggest winner in that contract. Now he can ask for more

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 04:42 PM)
For the record, I don't mind that contract for a second.

He put up very lackluster games last year but because their defense is awesome, it wasn't as amplified.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
He put up very lackluster games last year but because their defense is awesome, it wasn't as amplified.

He started off slowly while he was a little banged up and his best receiver was out. Once Crabtree was back, he absolutely torched every defense that wasn't Seattle's.

I don't think it is completely unreasonable to take issue with team names like Illini, Indians, etc. It is not as offensive as Redskins. To call yourself Indians and use Chief Wahoo is worse than to call yourself Indians and use a chief or a tomahawk or something. Of all things, though, Redskins is the easiest to say, "that has to go."

And yes, Pekin Chinks is pretty ridiculous but I remembered that one. Kinda funny they went with Dragons to replace it, but again, that's not so bad since Dragons are meaningful to and symbolic of the culture of Peking, China

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 05:04 PM)
I don't think it is completely unreasonable to take issue with team names like Illini

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
Illini are named after a newspaper (which coined the term) fwiw. That's why there's no controversy about that name. Ironically the term has retroactively been taken from the University and applied to calling the Illinois Confederation by that name.

@AdamSchefter

Word around NFL is that when Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson get new deals next year, they will come in between $24-$25 million per year.

People seem to be mad that Kap is getting so much money. I think it's great. I hope Seahawks give Wilson 30 million a year. That way they can no longer spend over 60% of their cap money on defense.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)
@AdamSchefter

Word around NFL is that when Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson get new deals next year, they will come in between $24-$25 million per year.

People seem to be mad that Kap is getting so much money. I think it's great. I hope Seahawks give Wilson 30 million a year. That way they can no longer spend over 60% of their cap money on defense.

People are only upset because he doesn't deserve that much money, it's an overpay that is helping set the market.

His deal isn't nearly as big as it looks. 49ers pretty much made it a year to year deal for the first few years.

I think they are paying him for what he is going to do, not for what he's done.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 09:19 AM)
His deal isn't nearly as big as it looks. 49ers pretty much made it a year to year deal for the first few years.

I think they are paying him for what he is going to do, not for what he's done.

Is it not $61 million guaranteed?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
@AdamSchefter

Haha, well said.