2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
He is past that now. He is not gonna be in the league this year

It amazes me that guys continue to refuse to get help and sacrifice millions upon millions of dollars.

Two of the most talented WRs in recent memory (Blackmon and Gordon) and neither of them will be suiting up on Sundays this year. Who knows? Maybe never again.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
It amazes me that guys continue to refuse to get help and sacrifice millions upon millions of dollars.

Two of the most talented WRs in recent memory (Blackmon and Gordon) and neither of them will be suiting up on Sundays this year. Who knows? Maybe never again.

Just think: If they would have just beaten their wives or girlfriends instead of doing drugs & alcohol, they'd be playing football this year.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
Just think: If they would have just beaten their wives or girlfriends instead of doing drugs & alcohol, they'd be playing football this year.

It really is a crazy double standard that Goodell uses. I have no idea why ray rice got off easy, what he did to his wife was crazy

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
So Fox is putting Erin ANdrews on their A Team broadcast and dropping Pam Oliver to the 2nd team. People are crying race or just because Erin is younger and more attractive.

I personally think all sideline reporters are mostly worthless anyway.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/erin-andre...1-nfl-team.html

"(losing coach) says team will make adjustments and come out ready for the 2nd half. Meanwhile (winning coach) says his team has played solid (insert def/off) but will have to play better to stay in lead. We'll see how both teams respond this 2nd half, back to you Joe"

I have no problem with Pam Oliver, she always seemed to do a good job.

I wish they would drop Joe Buck and Troy Aikman to the 4th team or something like that. What is the lowest team they have?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
I have no problem with Pam Oliver but the vast majority of people who watch those games are going to want to see EA over her.

I hope not. One of them is a blithering idiot and the other is Pam Oliver.

I just wish they were only used for injury reports. Their insight into what players are saying to eachother are always worthless "And Brady walked over to him and said 'Let's go get it', back to you John".

I used to hate Siragusa, who seemed to only pop in to talk about sausages in the crowd, but recently I think he's been better. He adds some insight on what holes opened up, etc.

They should try to implement more of those.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
I hope not. One of them is a blithering idiot and the other is Pam Oliver.

I don't know, I've never had a problem with EA either and you know, she's hot.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
I'm assuming that Fox is overreacting to the criticism/humor made of her hair in the playoffs last season.

I think more along the lines of having to justify the money they have paid her, and Pam Olivers contract is up after this year.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
I wonder if being declared a te instead of a wr tied his hands a bit in negotiations.

I would think so. If the Saints can just franchise him for $7 million instead of $12 million, you would think they do that as many years as allowed. He knows that, so might as well take the guaranteed money.

The Vikings conducted an internal investigation about whether releasing P Chris Kluwe was driven by his outspokenness in favor of equal rights for homosexuals. The Vikings previously pledged to release the results of that report. Today they shifted positions and no longer intend to release that report.

I was totally willing to believe the Vikes cut him for no reason other than the normal he was expensive and there were cheaper options...until right now.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
I wonder if being declared a te instead of a wr tied his hands a bit in negotiations.

If he would have refused to sign, they would have paid him $7 million this year under the franchise tag. Then they could have tagged him again next year for $7.7 million.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
If he would have refused to sign, they would have paid him $7 million this year under the franchise tag. Then they could have tagged him again next year for $7.7 million.

Yep; It most definitely had an impact on things, however, his threat of a hold-out also, likely had an impact which was why he ultimately got paid above the franchise figure, long-term.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
The Vikings conducted an internal investigation about whether releasing P Chris Kluwe was driven by his outspokenness in favor of equal rights for homosexuals. The Vikings previously pledged to release the results of that report. Today they shifted positions and no longer intend to release that report.

I was totally willing to believe the Vikes cut him for no reason other than the normal he was expensive and there were cheaper options...until right now.

FWIW the Vikings are denying they ever promised to make it public. And I have to believe them unless Kluwe or his attorney comes up with written confirmation of that. That's something you're going to memorialize and not just keep as an oral promise.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11218287...ct-mike-priefer

Also, LOL at his lawsuit. Sadly the PR hit will probably be too big for the Vikings and the League so i'm sure they'll settle, but that case has no shot unless Kluwe admits he's gay. Not sure how religion plays into this, and there was no defamation. Tortuous interference is possible, but he was not under contract at the time was he? I don't remember.