2014-2015 NFL Football thread

Yea, I'm torn. I am most likely moving to near Iowa City this summer. The major broadcast station is based out of Cedar Rapids, so it can flip between Bears/Vikings/Packers. I"m not sure I could guarantee I'd get all of the Bears games as "regional"

The two teams closest to me (Indy, Cincy) are AFC teams so most of the time they are on a different network than the Bears. There are a couple times I end up getting Dallas even though Chicago is a lot closer, but I can usually count on about half of the non-national games getting to me on regional.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
Yea, I'm torn. I am most likely moving to near Iowa City this summer. The major broadcast station is based out of Cedar Rapids, so it can flip between Bears/Vikings/Packers. I"m not sure I could guarantee I'd get all of the Bears games as "regional"

Yeah, both KGAN and KFXA are both really random in terms of the game. All the Iowa stations are.

Vikings suspend Priefer 2-3 games.

Chris Kluwe's twitter is a hell of a read tonight, too. This one, depending whether he's right or wrong, might get him or the Vikings in a lot of trouble:

@ChrisWarcraft

Oooh, shall we talk about the time two very well known Vikings players were caught in a compromising situation with an underage girl?

7:50 PM - 18 Jul 2014

Edited by farmteam

well, well, looks like Kluwe's lawyer knew there was no agreement that the report would be made public.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...report-private/

In recent days, former Vikings punter Chris Kluwe and his lawyer, Clayton Halunen, agitated the ongoing controversy with the team by claiming that the Vikings had reneged on a promise to make public the report of the investigation into Kluwe’s allegations of homophobic comments and retaliatory discharge for his gay-rights activism.

On July 15, Kluwe called a press conference at which he alleged that the Vikings broke their promise to release the report. The Vikings later issued a statement contending that no such promise ever was made.

The Vikings apparently were accurate, because only one week earlier Kluwe’s lawyer wrote in an email to one of the lawyers investigating the situation that, indeed, no such promise was ever made. Clayton Halunen also explained to Christopher Madel in the email, a copy of which PFT and other media outlets have obtained, that the report should never be made public.

“I’ve [p]ut a lot of thought into the Vikings making the investigation report public and the more I think about it I believe it would be a mistake for a number of reasons,” Halunen wrote. “First, the Vikings have never made any commitment to make any investigation report public. The only commitment made was that my client’s allegations would be thoroughly investigated. They have been. Second, there is no good reason to make [t]he details public. They will only provide fodder for the media and pundits to attack the methodology, integrity or content to serve their own agenda. Finally, why should confidences shared by witnesses during the course of the investigation that may be very personal in nature be shared publicly? It’s seems as though public disclosure would more likely open a Pandora’s box than provide public confidence in the investigation.”

Pandora’s box definitely has been opened on this one. But a persuasive case could be made that Kluwe opened the box when he first decided to take his claims public in lieu of attempting to handle the situation privately — especially if his lawyer’s ultimate conclusion is that the outcome of the investigation should be kept secret.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
Vikings suspend Priefer 2-3 games.

Chris Kluwe's twitter is a hell of a read tonight, too. This one, depending whether he's right or wrong, might get him or the Vikings in a lot of trouble:

and depending on if Kluwe's right or wrong could get himself into some trouble.

but if it bothered Kluwe so much, then he should've said something when it happened. For a guy who claims to be such an activist, he sure can look the other way as long as the NFL paycheck is coming in.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
Last year if you bought the anniversary Madden game for XBox through Amazon, they gave you a code to use for Sunday Ticket on your device. I got it for my nephew, he's a big Giants fan.

I did that last year. It was awesome... And I'll definitely be buying Sunday Ticket again this year. So much better than trying to illegally stream games like I used to and having to deal with pop up ads and grainy feeds.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 12:23 PM)
I did that last year. It was awesome... And I'll definitely be buying Sunday Ticket again this year. So much better than trying to illegally stream games like I used to and having to deal with pop up ads and grainy feeds.

lol, as bad as the grainy feeds were, the worst for me was watching a Bucs game that was blacked out on some stream while having a game from CBS/FOX on my tv. The feed was usually 2 minutes behind so I'd see the scoring change on my tv.

For $10 a month that is the sports package, getting the NFL Redzone is all I need. If the Bucs werent local then I'd be getting the ST for sure. I wonder if I'm the only person here who turns to the Redzone channel just to hear that music and to see the "Coming in September" across the screen.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
and depending on if Kluwe's right or wrong could get himself into some trouble.

Right. If that allegation is true, lots of trouble for the Vikings. If that allegation is false, lots of trouble for Kluwe.

Like most things, its truthfulness probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)
If it helps satisfy the craving, Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis are going to battle for the Bills #2 QB job.

As Chris Sale would say, "crave satiated"

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
Sidney Rice retiring at 27. Probably smart. Too bad he kept getting hurt. Think he could've been a stud

wasnt he extremely adverse to surgery of any kind?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:46 PM)
So am I the only one that seems to think Tony Dungy is clearly a homophobe? I've got people all over FB defending him.

I don't think he is. I think I know what he meant. It's ignorant coming from a black man who was probably in a similar position before though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)
I don't think he is. I think I know what he meant. It's ignorant coming from a black man who was probably in a similar position before though.

IIRC, he supported the effort to ban same-sex marriage in Indiana.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
I have no clue. I try and ignore the ignorant.

Yep, turns out he did

"The Super Bowl-winning coach "embraced" the stance of an Indiana organization supporting an amendment to the state constitution that would ban gay marriages, and he added Tuesday night at a gathering of the Indiana Family Institute that he's "on the Lord's side."

"We're not trying to downgrade anyone else," said Dungy, coach of the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts. "But we're trying to promote the family — family values the Lord's way," Dungy said. "IFI is saying what the Lord says. You can take that and make your decision on which way you want to be.""

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 07:05 PM)
Yep, turns out he did

"The Super Bowl-winning coach "embraced" the stance of an Indiana organization supporting an amendment to the state constitution that would ban gay marriages, and he added Tuesday night at a gathering of the Indiana Family Institute that he's "on the Lord's side."

"We're not trying to downgrade anyone else," said Dungy, coach of the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts. "But we're trying to promote the family — family values the Lord's way," Dungy said. "IFI is saying what the Lord says. You can take that and make your decision on which way you want to be.""

And he embraced Vick and Tebow, possibly the two biggest distractions of all time.