2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
Yet they ran a guy out the league for being a total asshole.

The league is better without Incognito in it. There's no place for douchebags like that in any workplace environment.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 04:54 PM)
I can't wait for the 10 camp fluff stories a day.

I heard that so and so is in the best shape of his life. The other guy is going to be a break out this year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)
Yeah, well, if we want it to be the National Morality Football League, then we can just sign up the guys on the straight & narrow.

But that's not what they want. They want it to include the best athletes on earth. Sometimes, those guys aren't always the best people.

I'd actually go as to far as say most professional athletes aren't good people.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
Frankly, it's the same thing for marijuana. If I got a DUI right now, I'd probably have to have a sit down with my bosses and there would be several bureaucratic hoops I'd have to jump through, but I'd retain my job. But if my urine tested positive for marijuana ONE TIME, no matter if it's legal in some states, decriminalized in others, and otherwise not harmful, I'd be fired on the spot.

Unless its a felony you really dont get in trouble at work at all.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
I heard that so and so is in the best shape of his life. The other guy is going to be a break out this year.

You joke but I really can't wait.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:46 PM)
So am I the only one that seems to think Tony Dungy is clearly a homophobe? I've got people all over FB defending him.

He's absolutely a homophobe, and hiding behind this bulls*** term of "distraction" to try to make it OK. It's not OK, and he's one of the biggest hypocrites you'll ever find.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22/ber...t-with-himself/

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
He broke the rules and took a banned substance that both masks PEDs and arguably is one itself by boosting testosterone. Even if you believe his story, his ignorance and laziness are not good excuses for breaking PED policies.

Clomid doesn't mask PEDs, it's the main thing you take after a cycle of steroids to boost your natural testosterone production back to normal. FWIW, you wouldn't take it in other circumstances as there could be side effects. It is primarily used to treat women's infertility and is far, far from a mainstream treatment for men's infertility.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
So how many touchdowns do we think Andrew Luck throws/runs for this year? 60? 70?

With that offensive line in front of him, he better get used to running.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)
Yeah, well, if we want it to be the National Morality Football League, then we can just sign up the guys on the straight & narrow.

But that's not what they want. They want it to include the best athletes on earth. Sometimes, those guys aren't always the best people.

I think, in a business where your employees are public figures, how your employees appear to the public can be viewed as important. I doubt any team (or the NFL itself) actually wants the label that all their employees are criminals or spouse abusers.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 11:51 AM)
It will be a disaster if he is our #2. I can buy Claussen as the 2 as he never got a shot with any talent around him but Palmer, LOL.

The fact that Claussen was brought in makes me think the Bears have zero faith in Palmer, and all of the Score analysts seem to feel the same way.

Claussen may not have had any success, but at least he has started at the NFL level. I dont even think Palmer has thrown 30 pro passes.

Does anyone else get annoyed with the punishment comparisons to Josh Gordon and Ray Rice? One guy has never been in trouble with the NFL before, the other is a multiple offender at the NFL level and was kicked out of two colleges for the same reason. I don't think its really comparable. Am I off here or does anyone else agree?

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Does anyone else get annoyed with the punishment comparisons to Josh Gordon and Ray Rice? One guy has never been in trouble with the NFL before, the other is a multiple offender at the NFL level and was kicked out of two colleges for the same reason. I don't think its really comparable. Am I off here or does anyone else agree?

If you had to ask yourself which deserved a more serious punishment, being caught with pot a dozen times or beating a woman unconscious once?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)
I'm sure people felt the same way about Josh McCown being the backup.

McCown was a long term player in the league. And yes, I had similar feelings but despite my feelings of Josh, at least he had a history of playing in the league, etc, and being a legit back-up. My fears were that he was too old, etc. Palmer has never been a legit back-up and now all of a sudden he is. Totally laughable and this "QB" whisperer stuff is overrated. You can't just take total hasbeens and make them good. McCown was smart and efficient and at one time a guy some people thought had some legit upside, early in his career.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
If you had to ask yourself which deserved a more serious punishment, being caught with pot a dozen times or beating a woman unconscious once?

I tend the think the multiple offender deserves a harsher punishment then the first time offender. Isn't that generally how life goes? Now, I think that domestic violence is worse than smoking weed. However, I then go back to the first time hes ever been in trouble before thing. Josh Gordon knew his next failed test was going to be a year long ban and did it anyways, and then while awaiting his hearing got a DUI to top it off. Ray Rice hasn't been in trouble before.

Im not talking about which is worse, its more like people are ignoring Josh Gordons history and comparing this like they are both a one time instance and these are the punishments that have been laid out.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
I tend the think the multiple offender deserves a harsher punishment then the first time offender. Isn't that generally how life goes? Now, I think that domestic violence is worse than smoking weed. However, I then go back to the first time hes ever been in trouble before thing. Josh Gordon knew his next failed test was going to be a year long ban and did it anyways, and then while awaiting his hearing got a DUI to top it off. Ray Rice hasn't been in trouble before.

Im not talking about which is worse, its more like people are ignoring Josh Gordons history and comparing this like they are both a one time instance and these are the punishments that have been laid out.

I think if you looked at just those two instances and laid them next to each other, yea it could be annoying when presented every fact. When you look at the league wide varying punishments for violence and drug use, you see a very strange inconsistency that is driving everyone crazy.