2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
I like Beadle cause she seems like a fun person and likes wrestling and all that stuff but I don't think she's the most intelligent person in the world. I don't think she'd be the best debater out there.

Lets not pretend SAS was the president of his college debate team either. There would probably be a lot of huffing and puffing and more dumb things said by both sides

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
Stephen A Smith comments on how women need to do more to avoid provoking men into violence. His words. (used word "provocation" repeatedly).

And a few days ago he was backing Dungy with complete idiot logic, then getting all gangster with Skip Bayless.

Guy's a f***ing clown.

• 2 weeks later...

No specific contract details yet, but the Bengals just gave Andy Dalton a whole lot of money. Another typical QB quandary in the NFL. You aren't sure if he's good enough to win it all, but you are too worried about replacing him to let him go.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
No specific contract details yet, but the Bengals just gave Andy Dalton a whole lot of money. Another typical QB quandary in the NFL. You aren't sure if he's good enough to win it all, but you are too worried about replacing him to let him go.

I wonder if irrational Bengals fans hate Dalton more than irrational Bears fans hate Cutler. But then again, Dalton's done nothing but choke for the Bengals in the playoffs. Cutler at least won a game.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
It's a bit much for Dalton, but what do you do if you are the Bengals. Let him go and get stuck with no QB.

After years of not being contenders, at least every year they have been relevant and in the post-season. It just takes getting hot at the right time and with their defense it could happen. I think Dalton is capable of leading a team deep into the playoffs. He's also gotten better each year in the league and this could be the year that his young TE's take big steps forward to give him more targets. Tough division though as Ravens/Steelers should be decent too.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
I wonder if irrational Bengals fans hate Dalton more than irrational Bears fans hate Cutler. But then again, Dalton's done nothing but choke for the Bengals in the playoffs. Cutler at least won a game.

I have a friend who is a rational Bengals fan but hates Dalton. The Bengals are incredibly talented almost across the board. He obviously is not losing most games, but he is an average QB.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 12:59 PM)
Uh oh. Hopefully nothing major. He really looks like he has a shot at being a pretty good slot receiver.

Sounds like he landed on his right shoulder and that's what he was holding coming off the field.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 06:43 PM)
Is that confirmed or a guess? How long does that put him out? I presume he's out about 8 weeks?

Rodgers was out 8 weeks after his. This has been confirmed. For a receiver and his build, may be 10 weeks which puts him into mid october.