2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
Same thing Rodgers had. He was out 2 months. Tough break, but he'll be back. Bears still have Josh Morgan, and I'm intrigued to see is Chris Williams will get some time at WR.

Morgan has been pretty bad by all accounts.

We seem to have some problems in camp. Morning practice was cut short 25 minutes because Bennett decided to body slam Fuller. There have been a lot more fights reported in this years camp then I can pretty much ever remember and while I'm all for a little chippiness, this is just sloppy and undisciplined and needs to stop. It needed to stop 3 fights ago and most definitely need to stop now.

Reports are that Fuller just tried to strip the ball and Bennett went crazy on him. These incidents are increasing in severity too, which is bad, because the culture is that it is okay because others have done it and it is a slippery slope. Next thing you know, we turn into the flipping Lions. Tresty certainly isn't condoning it but the leaders of this lockeroom and coaching staff need to end this stuff NOW!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 04:16 PM)
"cart" very rarely means anything other than "major"

Not anymore really. Writers love the sensationalist headlines of "so and so carted off the field", while technically correct, might just mean the player rolled an ankle and rode in the front seat to get taken back to the facilities. Schefter did that with Eric Berry a few days ago.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
We seem to have some problems in camp. Morning practice was cut short 25 minutes because Bennett decided to body slam Fuller. There have been a lot more fights reported in this years camp then I can pretty much ever remember and while I'm all for a little chippiness, this is just sloppy and undisciplined and needs to stop. It needed to stop 3 fights ago and most definitely need to stop now.

Reports are that Fuller just tried to strip the ball and Bennett went crazy on him. These incidents are increasing in severity too, which is bad, because the culture is that it is okay because others have done it and it is a slippery slope. Next thing you know, we turn into the flipping Lions. Tresty certainly isn't condoning it but the leaders of this lockeroom and coaching staff need to end this stuff NOW!

Easy mom, there is a video of the incident if you want to watch it. You can even see them make up and Cutler come over to speak with Fuller.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 06:42 AM)
Easy mom, there is a video of the incident if you want to watch it. You can even see them make up and Cutler come over to speak with Fuller.

Look. Bennett has taken down a few guys and there have been quite a few more incidents. I follow training camp and have for a long time and also follow all the other camps. I know 1 or 2 incidents tend to happen but there have been more then that with the Bears. Why do you think Tresty cut practice short by almost half an hour. He was sending a message saying cut it out.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
Look. Bennett has taken down a few guys and there have been quite a few more incidents. I follow training camp and have for a long time and also follow all the other camps. I know 1 or 2 incidents tend to happen but there have been more then that with the Bears. Why do you think Tresty cut practice short by almost half an hour. He was sending a message saying cut it out.

I did "look" at the video and it was nothing out of the ordinary, if anything Fuller made a dangerous play and needed to be sent a message.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright 16s

Phil Emery says Martellus Bennett us absent today because he's been fined and suspended undetermined time.

I wish they officially called it a "body slam fine"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
I did "look" at the video and it was nothing out of the ordinary, if anything Fuller made a dangerous play and needed to be sent a message.

Yet Bennett is the one suspended. Why, because he's already had a few of these incidents. You practice undisciplined and you play undisciplined. Look how that worked for the Lions. Teams that are undisciplined are penalized and tend to lose a lot of games.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 08:12 AM)
At this point, its a possibility since he apparently had surgery this morning.

That would be extremely strange if that were the case. I presume somewhere between 6-10 weeks. Although I do presume time to recover from surgery is slightly longer which maybe puts him at 12-14 weeks which might just mean you can't hold the roster spot and sit him for the season.