2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
Or its easier to send a message to the team that even a respected Vet can be punished for behavior they dont think fits a contending team. Theories abound even with the hard evidence he's never done that in a game, ever.

It's not sending a message to the team. It's sending a message to Bennett, plain and simple. His act reached a point where it needed to be addressed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0805-story.html

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
The trib online site always hits a pop up and tries to make me pay for premium content, I hate that s***.

If you throw that into google you can see it.

I have no idea why they feel like SE results are fine but links through twitter or sharing should be paywalled. I feel like the opposite is better.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
If he's recovered from his injury, I like that move.

His speed and elusiveness was robbed thanks to that foot injury, but as a number 3.. I would like the move alot. I do miss watching the steelers version of him though...

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 07:41 AM)
I feel like if he has anything left in the tank that the Browns would likely overpay for him. Their WR situation is pretty awful.

To go along with their bad QB situation. I hope Hoyer works out for them he looked good in his small sample last year before he got injured, because I don't believe in "johnny football" being a franchise QB.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 09:09 AM)
To go along with their bad QB situation. I hope Hoyer works out for them he looked good in his small sample last year before he got injured, because I don't believe in "johnny football" being a franchise QB.

I'd believe in Johnny football a lot more then I'd believe in an undrafted QB who was pretty mediocre at Michigan State that is a 28 year old. Crazy things can happen from time to time but Manziel is pretty electric on the football field and I think he's going to be in this league for a while (pending injuries). Not saying he's going to be a perennial probowler but he's going to be a long-term starter, imo, and likely a very exciting player to watch throughout his career. Again the big if is whether he can actually stay on the field as I think he has a pretty high injury risk.

I am curious if Manziel will have the work ethic required to succeed as a QB in the NFL. He is no longer going to be able to drop back and dance around for 3 minutes and wing it into the endzone, he will get killed. He very obviously has the skills required, though

That's to the extreme, but if he has Romo's ability to evade within the pocket, that extra time for an NFL receiver opens up a lot of windows. I think he'll love the CLE tight end, forgot his name/won't look it up.

I'm a Manziel apologist after last year, but I hadn't realized until this offseason how much ESPN had blown up his off-field news items. It will be good to get football back and all that crap can turn off.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
That's to the extreme, but if he has Romo's ability to evade within the pocket, that extra time for an NFL receiver opens up a lot of windows. I think he'll love the CLE tight end, forgot his name/won't look it up.

I'm a Manziel apologist after last year, but I hadn't realized until this offseason how much ESPN had blown up his off-field news items. It will be good to get football back and all that crap can turn off.

Seriously, "21 YEAR OLD KID LIKES TO PARTY AND GET DRUNK, IS HE SATAN REINCARNATED?"

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 12:28 PM)
Seriously, "21 YEAR OLD KID LIKES TO PARTY AND GET DRUNK, IS HE SATAN REINCARNATED?"

I was ok with the pics with beiber and drinking and stuff. When the rolled 20s in the bathroom came out, thats when i was like "well now, this could be a problem"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 12:41 PM)
I was ok with the pics with beiber and drinking and stuff. When the rolled 20s in the bathroom came out, thats when i was like "well now, this could be a problem"

I'm Ok with the drinking, hookers, drugs... etc. But Beiber? That should be a suspendable offense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
I'm Ok with the drinking, hookers, drugs... etc. But Beiber? That should be a suspendable offense.

Mayweather was in the picture too, so i think that got him off the hook

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
I am curious if Manziel will have the work ethic required to succeed as a QB in the NFL. He is no longer going to be able to drop back and dance around for 3 minutes and wing it into the endzone, he will get killed. He very obviously has the skills required, though

Exactly my thoughts on why I have real doubts of him having sustained success in the NFL, he's a true wildcard but a very intriguing one cuz the kid can throw but all depends on his work ethic and dedication. He should just hang out with tim tebow and train with him lol dude isn't a very good QB but his work ethic seemed legit.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 08:39 AM)
Hearing on the radio this morning that Ravens fans cheered for Ray Rice last night during their pre-season game. It makes me sad that we, as a society, can ignore some terrible crimes simply because the criminal excels at a sport.

Before the game live on TV, Sal Paolantonio asked him what his wife's final words of encouragement were before the game.

http://deadspin.com/espn-asks-ray-rice-wha...oura-1618054553