2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 08:55 AM)
I know I'm going to be a homer and pick up Carlos Hyde in fantasy, he just looked so good last night.

Carlos Hyde, Marcus Lattimore, LaMichael James

That 49ers depth chart kicked some major ass in college the last 5 years

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 09:04 AM)
so Hub is doubting the D Line this season. Considering he didnt think the wide receivers were that good last year, i will take it as a good sign

I don't think it's crazy to wonder about that d-line. Couple of aging players in Allen and Ratliff. Some unknown rookies in Ferguson and Sutton.

There is some questions marks there.

It's crazy how mad Bear fans get about Hub. He tends to be on the negative side, but he is like that for all teams.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 09:04 AM)
so Hub is doubting the D Line this season. Considering he didnt think the wide receivers were that good last year, i will take it as a good sign

Hub also said last season anyone who thought Seattle had a good team "wasn't paying attention."

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
I don't think it's crazy to wonder about that d-line. Couple of aging players in Allen and Ratliff. Some unknown rookies in Ferguson and Sutton.

There is some questions marks there.

It's crazy how mad Bear fans get about Hub. He tends to be on the negative side, but he is like that for all teams.

Last year Landon Cohen started for the bears(I still dont know who that guy is), and a career DE in Corey Wooten played inside because there was nobody else that could play the position competently. I get there are question marks, but this line is undoubtedly better than last season, both in skill and depth. I supposed there could be 3 season ending injuries to starters and another starter that pretty much missed the year due to recurring injury issues(paea), but at least there are players that were brought in because of their skill and not because they were the only guy out there.

Hub has some very odd opinions the past few years, just like DA mentioned.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 06:53 PM)
Last year Landon Cohen started for the bears(I still dont know who that guy is), and a career DE in Corey Wooten played inside because there was nobody else that could play the position competently. I get there are question marks, but this line is undoubtedly better than last season, both in skill and depth. I supposed there could be 3 season ending injuries to starters and another starter that pretty much missed the year due to recurring injury issues(paea), but at least there are players that were brought in because of their skill and not because they were the only guy out there.

Hub has some very odd opinions the past few years, just like DA mentioned.

Defensive end might be weak, but even there Austen Lane is better than most of the crap we had at DE last year.

In DT, if rookies suck, Nate Collins has shown a lot already. I'm just not worried at all about the dline. The LBs on the other hand...mercy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:12 PM)
Defensive end might be weak, but even there Austen Lane is better than most of the crap we had at DE last year.

In DT, if rookies suck, Nate Collins has shown a lot already. I'm just not worried at all about the dline. The LBs on the other hand...mercy.

Briggs is good, Williams is good (if he's healthy), and Bostic can't be as bad as last year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)

How is DE weak? We have Willie Young, Jared Allen, and Houston. All are significant upgrades over what we had last year with the potential exception of "on paper" Peppers.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
I wish NFL would go to a 2 preseason and 18 regular season games. 4 Preseason games is just overkill. Bears backups are just terrible.

Agree with half. 2 preseason but stick with 16 regular.

Didn't know we picked up Zach Miller.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 06:28 PM)
Zach Miller is looking rather impressive.

First time he's been healthy in some time and had a full off-season. Could be a nice option and we could really use some depth at TE. I presume Bennett will be back with the squad today / tomorrow.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 08:28 PM)
Agree with half. 2 preseason but stick with 16 regular.

Didn't know we picked up Zach Miller.

That will never happen because the owners will lose a home game if so. Also, that's not the Zach Miller you are thinking of. He's on Seattle still.