2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)
Manziel flipped off the Redskins sideline. As if he and the Browns need more media attention.

The NFL is so ridiculous. Between all the bad stuff off the field, the way players are used and abused by teams, suddenly a talented kid shows a little bit of attitude and he is treated like the devil.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 07:19 AM)
Between all the bad stuff off the field, the way players are used and abused by teams, suddenly a talented kid shows a little bit of attitude and he is treated like the devil.

The modern day Jim McMahon.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
I'm pulling for Manziel because the criticism of him compared to other football players is ridiculous and idiotic

Manziel is getting into the "I'm sick of hearing about Tim Tebow Manziel" realm for me. Either go out and actually earn all this attention or please stop telling me about him.

Some notes on PFF's preseason QB scores:

1. Matt Cassel

2. Jay Cutler

3. Joe Webb

4. Blake Bortles

5. Matt Ryan

T76. RG3

78. Johnny Manziel

82. Eli Manning

83. Kirk Cousins

89 qualified QBs

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 10:52 AM)
Some notes on PFF's preseason QB scores:

1. Matt Cassel

2. Jay Cutler

3. Joe Webb

4. Blake Bortles

5. Matt Ryan

T76. RG3

78. Johnny Manziel

82. Eli Manning

83. Kirk Cousins

89 qualified QBs

I don't disagree that Manziel maybe overrated, but preseason scores? Really?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 07:19 AM)
The NFL is so ridiculous. Between all the bad stuff off the field, the way players are used and abused by teams, suddenly a talented kid shows a little bit of attitude and he is treated like the devil.

While I agree with you...you can't be flipping people off on the field. That's a little bit different than other things he's done.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
While I agree with you...you can't be flipping people off on the field. That's a little bit different than other things he's done.

This is true. Given that you know the cameras are on you 24-7, he needs to find a more subtler way to return trash talk.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)

Should be noted Manziel has often played on Cleveland 2nd team offense, considering how bad their starting WRs are, can't imagine it gets better.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
This is true. Given that you know the cameras are on you 24-7, he needs to find a more subtler way to return trash talk.

He needs to show that it doesnt get to him before he starts trash talking. Flipping them the bird shortly after Orakpo did the money grab showed he has thin skin, and you can bet that other teams are gonna do the same thing to him until he shows that it doesnt matter to him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 08:38 AM)
Manziel is getting into the "I'm sick of hearing about Tim Tebow Manziel" realm for me. Either go out and actually earn all this attention or please stop telling me about him.

I never understand how people can be mad at the player for attention given to them by the media

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)

I didn't mean for that to have anything to do with my previous comment, though it certainly doesn't bode well

The NFL is asking music acts to pay the NFL to play at the Superbowl.

http://www.avclub.com/article/coldplay-rih...play-sup-208329

Rihanna, Katy Perry, or Coldplay might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show this year—that is, if they’re willing to pay up. According to The Wall Street Journal, the NFL has narrowed down its list of potential performers for the 2015 gig to those three candidates, though it’s also asking “at least some of the acts” if they’d be willing to pay the league for the privilege of playing the halftime show—something that’s absolutely insane, but not 100 percent unreasonable, considering how many people actually watch the performance. Alternately (and this is where it gets wacky), they should “be willing to contribute a portion of their post-Super Bowl tour income to the league.”

Ah...i'm good with that. I watch less and less sports live with the little one at home. 7 PST is perfect cause I can record and sit down on the couch around 7:45 after we put the little one down and relax with the wife and the Bears!!!