2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ Williams looked dreadful a few times in coverage...Really hope Bostic steps it up in run support so he can be the every down LB.

Greene has looked awful as well.

SMC looked fairly decent.

Really think Briggs-Bostic-SMC is the best LB trio they can put out there.

Rookie DTs have looked good as well albeit vs 2nd team OL....Same for Lane, a guy I really as an under the radar pickup (Not sure if I went on about him on here or talkbears)

As far as safety goes, still hoping Vereen gets the nod at FS, and I could go either way on Mundy/Wilson at SS.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
Raji out for the season... Nice

Nice for the Bears or Packers? Raji has a career -19 rating from PFF and hasn't had a sack since 2011. There is a reason he attracted no free agent interest this past off-season.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
Nice for the Bears or Packers? Raji has a career -19 rating from PFF and hasn't had a sack since 2011. There is a reason he attracted no free agent interest this past off-season.

He is a space eater though, he makes it easier for Mathews to run around unchecked

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
He is a space eater though, he makes it easier for Mathews to run around unchecked

Even if they're not great...those 3-4 big Nose Tackles are really hard to find. That might be the rarest person in the NFL. If there were more of those guys I think more teams would run 3-4 exclusively.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
Even if they're not great...those 3-4 big Nose Tackles are really hard to find. That might be the rarest person in the NFL. If there were more of those guys I think more teams would run 3-4 exclusively.

They aren't quite as important as they used to be, but still you need a big man in the middle.

Luckily the Packers have a bunch of them this year. Does suck for Raji though.

Leaving Friday thinking not that big of a deal.

But I'm pretty much banking all hope on our defense on the fact that some vets didn't really care (briggs looked awful/peanut).

I felt this last year, I'm really nervous bears are going to become the dallas cowboys. This talented team that's lack of discipline shoots itself in the foot and we have a perpetual 8-8 machine. Here's to pre-season not mattering I hope.