2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
If he hadn't gotten behind the wheel drunk, then the NFL would have let him be an alcoholic in peace

I think this one has more to do with the fact that he left the scene of an accident after getting behind the wheel drunk

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 07:27 AM)
Leaving Friday thinking not that big of a deal.

But I'm pretty much banking all hope on our defense on the fact that some vets didn't really care (briggs looked awful/peanut).

I felt this last year, I'm really nervous bears are going to become the dallas cowboys. This talented team that's lack of discipline shoots itself in the foot and we have a perpetual 8-8 machine. Here's to pre-season not mattering I hope.

Special teams is consistently awful. Defense has been atrocious. Have to be worried, given that is exactly what we saw a year ago. Only saving grace I have is last preseason our defense looked very good only to end up sucking, so maybe the opposite holds true here. My expectations have came crashing down because I've seen far too many reminders of some pretty pathetic things that happened a year ago.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 06:53 PM)
Only saving grace I have is last preseason our defense looked very good only to end up sucking, so maybe the opposite holds true here.

This is what I thought!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 12:53 PM)
Special teams is consistently awful. Defense has been atrocious. Have to be worried, given that is exactly what we saw a year ago. Only saving grace I have is last preseason our defense looked very good only to end up sucking, so maybe the opposite holds true here. My expectations have came crashing down because I've seen far too many reminders of some pretty pathetic things that happened a year ago.

Yea, but that season starting defense lost a lot of starters.

Im just hoping that the coaches treated this game like the exhibition it is and they werent really gameplanning. The players say they didnt game plan for it, i hope they arent lying.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)
Yea, but that season starting defense lost a lot of starters.

Im just hoping that the coaches treated this game like the exhibition it is and they werent really gameplanning. The players say they didnt game plan for it, i hope they arent lying.

Game 3 you usually have some form of a gameplan. That said, Seahawks are a good team, however these special teams issues are just pathetic.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
Game 3 you usually have some form of a gameplan. That said, Seahawks are a good team, however these special teams issues are just pathetic.

yea ST has been pathetic for sure.

Entering the offseason I thought it would be easy to upgrade Lbs. I think part of this is making sure what they had got a chance (Shea/Bostic). But in 2013 offseason it seemed like good vet lbs were a dime a dozen. Then 2014 they were getting paid and seemingly nowhere to be found.

I can't believe how soft this unit is at LB. I really thought it would never be an issue to at least get average LBs (see Hunter Hillenmeyer type players off scrap heap). Now I'm wishing we drafted CJ Mosely instead of Fuller.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
@AdamSchefter: Bears are keeping QB Jimmy Clausen over Jordan Palmer, who is being released, per sources. For now, Clausen has won Bears' backup job.

Palmer is going to wite and Balta's team. Smart move considering the Bills play the Bears and Palmer knows that playbook.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
Palmer is going to wite and Balta's team. Smart move considering the Bills play the Bears and Palmer knows that playbook.

And also because Jordan Palmer is a very good QB mentor/coach from the sidelines.

Either way, the Bears are f***ed come week 1.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 02:58 AM)
Brandon Meriweather suspended for two games for yet another dirty hit. At some point he just needs to banned from the league, he's a liability to injure every other player.

Seriously, or start fining the team too.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 11:51 AM)
ESPN with a report from St Louis Rams camp, informing all on who chose to shower with Michael Sam. I wish i was kidding

*facepalm*

I feel like this is ESPN investigating the gay cooties.

Bears somehow avoid worst linebacker group label:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-weak...ups-in-the-nfl/

Atlanta Falcons, linebackers

The two weakest points of Atlanta’s defense are its inside linebackers and its pass rush — both of which fall under the “linebacker” umbrella when the Falcons play their 3-4. Sean Weatherspoon is out for the year, replaced by some combination of Joplo Bartu and rookie Prince Shembo. Shembo was really more of a pass-rusher at Notre Dame, which I actually kind of like when thinking about inside linebackers in a 3-4.

The Cardinals’ pass rush got a significant boost from Daryl Washington getting after quarterbacks, and NaVorro Bowman was a pass-rushing terror when given the chance for San Francisco last year. Still, Shembo is a rookie who probably won’t even get the job, and fellow inside backer Paul Worrilow was merely competent as a rookie undrafted free agent last year. This is a group that seriously needed Weatherspoon.

The scariest part for the Falcons is that their pass-rushing outside linebackers might be in even worse shape. Atlanta finished dead last in adjusted sack rate last year and brought in no one to remedy that. Kroy Biermann is back after missing the final 14 games of last season, but he isn’t exactly Von Miller. He and Osi Umenyiora probably aren’t enough at this point, and unfortunately, that’s all the Falcons have.

In the running: Cardinals, Giants, Raiders

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 01:34 PM)
New NFL policy on domestic abuse offenses:

1st one: 6 games

2nd one: Possible lifetime ban

Goodell admitted he "Didn't get it right" with Rice.

Oh boy, players are going to be dropping like flies