2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 06:33 PM)
I was dying at the trivia question. He said the answer was 2011 and Danielson questioned it and then after the break Verne corrected himself and said it was 1911. haha

and then there was that kickoff by either OSU or Navy. When the ball was in flight, Verne said it was a good kick, only to see the ball land about 10 yards into the bench area for a penalty.

It was the other way around. The answer was 2011 and he said 1911. Kept saying wrong names.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 08:33 PM)
I actually enjoy Joe Buck. I have never understood the hate. I also think Aikman is good too. He might say " I'm not so sure" too much, but I always think his analysis is solid and fair.

Agreed. Those two are great.

The worst announcers are Michaels/Collinsworth and Nance/Simms. Michaels and Nance are such massive snobs and Collinsworth and Simms are sycophants for the most despised people and teams in the NFL. If I have to hear Michaels say "dubious," make a joke about "central casting" or slurp "Ben" again, I'm going to open up a f***ing vein.

Edited by JPN366

And why in the hell is everyone still on the 49ers junk? Are they deaf, dumb and blind? That jackass who writes Shutdown Corner for Yahoo had them ranked number 1 in his power rankings. Even 49ers fans were giving him sh**. A bunch of people on ESPN for their NFL picks selected them as their Super Bowl winner. WTF?

Edited by JPN366

The worst announcers are Michaels/Collinsworth and Nance/Simms. Michaels and Nance are such massive snobs and Collinsworth and Simms are sycophants for the most despised people and teams in the NFL. If I have to hear Michaels say "dubious," make a joke about "central casting" or slurp "Ben" again, I'm going to open up a f***ing vein.

Need to convince Madden to come back, and if he won't come back, then hire Frank Caliendo to do games as Madden. And if that doesn't work, hire Dick Vitale.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 06:56 AM)
Need to convince Madden to come back, and if he won't come back, then hire Frank Caliendo to do games as Madden. And if that doesn't work, hire Dick Vitale.

Madden's locked up in a box in all leather and a ball gag in Brett Favre's basement.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 07:46 AM)
And why in the hell is everyone still on the 49ers junk? Are they deaf, dumb and blind? That jackass who writes Shutdown Corner for Yahoo had them ranked number 1 in his power rankings. Even 49ers fans were giving him sh**. A bunch of people on ESPN for their NFL picks selected them as their Super Bowl winner. WTF?

Even with the losses on their defense, if Kaep can take a step forward now that he has a full season under his belt that's a team that has a lot of weapons on both sides of the ball. But yeah, there's always a team that takes big steps backwards and they fit the bill for that as well.

Typical for the NFL of course, you really don't know where teams are until they play.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are just so boring. Joe Buck calls championship winning plays with the excitement of a team winning a preseason game.

Troy Aikman was also one of the most overrated players in the history of the NFL. He shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame. Not sure what that has to do with his announcing, but it does.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
Even with the losses on their defense, if Kaep can take a step forward now that he has a full season under his belt that's a team that has a lot of weapons on both sides of the ball. But yeah, there's always a team that takes big steps backwards and they fit the bill for that as well.

Typical for the NFL of course, you really don't know where teams are until they play.

Yeah, but they look like a sub .500 team, that can't be ignored. I can see them going 7-9 this year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 09:29 AM)
Every once in a while though, Aikman will come up with some real gems of analysis that I had never heard of. He at least stays away from the platitudes of "toughness" and the like.

He' shockingly not bad or annoying. I think the thing I like about him is he seems honest. He calls a football game honestly if that makes sense.

Jim Nantz is one of the worst. Buck is monotonous but Nantz is worse and seems to try too hard to get one liners in than letting them come naturally.

Nantz is perfect for golf and should stay away from the Final 4.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
Yeah, but they look like a sub .500 team, that can't be ignored. I can see them going 7-9 this year.

They went 12-4 in the toughest division in football last year. They're going to be missing a few defenders, but they were missing like half of their offensive weapons last year and still started 6-4 (with two of those losses being a 10-9 loss to Carolina and 23-20 to New Orleans in New Orleans), and then they went out and added more weapons on offense again.

I think you're nuts. I have the 49ers winning the division.