2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
yeah, ok 10% is probably generous, as a 10-1 bet is dumb. I get the compounding probabilities of any team winning 16 games is incredbily low, so for me to have said 10-20% is stupid. I just think this seattle team is just really, really, really good.

I stand by my conviction that the chiefs, rams, cardinals and panthers are all in line for a regression though. Chiefs were a 2-14 team 2 years ago that had a cupcake schedule last year and beat 10 non-playoff teams. I do think a road game at StL is an easy win for this seattle team.

in regards to SF being easy favorites at home - an early spread that i saw is SF -0.5, so essentially a pick em game

Last year's Seattle team needed a last second stop in St. Louis against Kellen Clemens.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 09:21 AM)
Britt looked good too. Missouri has a 100% hit rate, everyone is awesome. Nobody sucks, certainly nobody threatens to have a bomb in an airport.

+++

Gosox, I agree. Their organization, top to bottom, seems to be 100% on the same page. Reminds me of the spurs how everyone when interviewed hits the same points, talks about how much they love it and how they believe.

Certainly doesn't hurt that they also feed them PEDs in their water.

Lastly - that TD play to Lockette was totally taken from Auburn's playbook. It's scary how well that worked at the NFL level.

Seahawks GM John Schneider can do no wrong right now. He's said his dream job would be GM of the Packers. I really hope that happens one day. His parents still live in Green Bay.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 05:57 PM)
They still made it to the NFC championship game. I get your point but it's not like the Niners nose dived or something.

Right, they aren't a crap team, but everyone thought they were on the verge of this unstoppable passing offense. It turned out to just be one game.

As long as Seattle has that D, that mobile-ish QB who can extend drives, and that running game, they will be dangerous. But just maybe not 35 ppg unstoppable offensive force dangerous.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
It doesn't bother me morally or anything, just saying that their defense seemed to have more positive tests than anyone else.

Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond, Adderall, both gone. Richard Sherman appealed and won. That's it. Don't exaggerate.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 12:24 AM)
I didn't see every snap closely, but I feel like a lot of the time he wasn't on Nelson, or was I just imagining that? I feel like you'd lock him on him the entire game, no?

That has to be an odd feeling. You know you are good and affected the outcome, but you didn't really do that much, so to speak.

They don't flip their corners. Sherman's on the left, Maxwell's on the right.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 10:42 PM)
Did the NFL move their 8 road games to Seattle?

Last year they were 7-1 at home and 6-2 on the road. They lost by a combined 15 points in those three games. Without Percy Harvin. He would've been good for 16 points. Seattle can win on the road, it's not the past anymore.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond, Adderall, both gone. Richard Sherman appealed and won. That's it. Don't exaggerate.

Bruce Irvin, John Moffitt, Allen Barbre too. Only Irvin is still with the team, but it's not something you should lead the league in.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
Last year they were 7-1 at home and 6-2 on the road. They lost by a combined 15 points in those three games. Seattle can win on the road, it's not the past anymore.

I never said they can't win on the road, I was just saying that they won't go undefeated on the road. But 13-3 or 14-2 is very a probable result for them, just not 16-0.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
Last year they were 7-1 at home and 6-2 on the road. They lost by a combined 15 points in those three games. Without Percy Harvin. He would've been good for 16 points. Seattle can win on the road, it's not the past anymore.

Im not necessarily disagreeing with what youre trying to say but you basically just said "Its not the past anymore" while using Seattles road record in the past as an example.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
The Harbaugh brothers have not responded to the domestic violence issue very well this past year

http://deadspin.com/jim-harbaugh-says-dome...228066/+barryap

It doesn't appear to be his job to hand down the discipline and I can tolerate that. The NFL can and should wait until law enforcement issues a report of some sort and they can make a decision at that point, suspending a person before law enforcement has done its job seems like it doesn't fit the system of justice I believe in.

The problem for 49Harbaugh is the contrast with the previous "They won't play for us" statement. If you just say you'll follow the decisions of the NFL leadership and you trust your commish you never have a problem because no one cares to quote it.

I feel like the wording of this quote says it all:

When asked if he would not allow a player guilty of domestic violence on his team, Harbaugh answered, "Yes, we would not. We can be very clear."

He can play it off until a player is actually found guilty in a court of law, however long that happens, if it even happens. Right now they can just play the "due process" card.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 10:20 PM)
I feel like the wording of this quote says it all:

He can play it off until a player is actually found guilty in a court of law, however long that happens, if it even happens. Right now they can just play the "due process" card.

That is fair in our system and I don't see how a reasonable person can object to that. The issue would be if he plea bargained out and he used the "he wasn't convicted by a court" out when that's basically the same thing but different language. Its difficult to fire a person for this type of issue when the law hasn't decided yet.

I will grant there is a contrast between that treatment and the Aaron Hernandez treatment which also seems appropriate to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
That is fair in our system and I don't see how a reasonable person can object to that. The issue would be if he plea bargained out and he used the "he wasn't convicted by a court" out when that's basically the same thing but different language. Its difficult to fire a person for this type of issue when the law hasn't decided yet.

I will grant there is a contrast between that treatment and the Aaron Hernandez treatment which also seems appropriate to me.

I guess we will see what happens if McDonald has his day in court, but it seems like Harbaugh is using "due process" to get as much time as he can out of his players while maintaining a positive public image.