2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
As a non-fan, I say this one falls on the offense. Two really stupid turnovers in the first half. Ending up with FGs over touchdowns for an offense that even ESPN commented on how supercharged they are. I honestly think they are trying to get too cute with the offense. Stay vertical on the passing game as that'll open up the underneath for Forte and Bennett to go to work.

Defensively, they did a lot better than expected. Can't blame the defense when they don't have the horses.

The problem with staying vertical is their best vertical threat, Alshon Jeffery, missed the 2nd half. Missing him was huge. Teams could then bracket (A gimpy) Marshall and that just left Forte and Bennett to get the load of targets.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
The problem with staying vertical is their best vertical threat, Alshon Jeffery, missed the 2nd half. Missing him was huge. Teams could then bracket (A gimpy) Marshall and that just left Forte and Bennett to get the load of targets.

Brandon is just as good vertically. And your 3rd string and on WRs are best going vertical. This isn't the same Bears WR core of 2000 when Marty Booker was their best healthy WR.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
Cutler is a taller Rex Grossman. Lets just all accept it. Never winning with him and an average defense, even with all the talent around him.

Also, Tillman you f***ing suck. Conte will get the headline forthat last play, but Tillmam took a terrible angle and let that 5 yard run turn into 40.

Tillman looked awful I felt. Jennings looked good. Tillman did take an awful angle on that play, but everyone in Chicago will always blame Conte.

The taller Rex Grossman comparison isn't too bad. That makes sense actually. I wonder how it would look if Peyton Manning was running this offense.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 03:48 PM)
I was really pleased with LDE and DT play today. Wonder how it will look on film

As did I. Love Lamarr Houston but he was MIA today as well, would be interested to see what his snap count was as it seemed like Young and Allen were out there the majority of the time.

Allen is gonna be SMC-esque if he's out there on run plays.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
You were saying?

Terrible timing, lol. He's coming off back surgery and clearly has some rust issues but yeah, he's looked terrible but last year he put up some nice numbers that I wish Cutler could match, 3-1 TD to INT ratio.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 06:21 PM)
McCown has looked dreadful today. 9/16 76 yards 2 INTs 1 fumble at the end of the 3rd.

The OL is just disgusting. I'm sure Carolina let off some after it was 17-0 but you arent going to win many games when your RBs run it 16 times for 21 yards.

They let two OL go and both are starting for other teams right now. Nicks retired but I'm sure they knew what was a good possibility and yet they only draft some major project late in the draft. Then they get Mankins from New England and he gets injured in the first half.

Still after all that crap, there was a chance to get an INT and walk in for the game winning score and in typical Buccaneers fashion, it was dropped.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)
The OL is just disgusting. I'm sure Carolina let off some after it was 17-0 but you arent going to win many games when your RBs run it 16 times for 21 yards.

They let two OL go and both are starting for other teams right now. Nicks retired but I'm sure they knew what was a good possibility and yet they only draft some major project late in the draft. Then they get Mankins from New England and he gets injured in the first half.

Still after all that crap, there was a chance to get an INT and walk in for the game winning score and in typical Buccaneers fashion, it was dropped.

Ugh, that pick six would have won me 5 bills...

There were a lot of Bills fans at the game yesterday surprisingly.

It's a 16 game season and I'm not the type to overreact over one game, but looking at the schedule, that's a game the Bears needed to win. Gonna make it that much tougher to win enough to make the playoffs, unless Shea destroys Rodgers again in 3 weeks.

That loss was all on the offense. Given our expectations, the defense wasn't THAT bad yesterday. Other than Jared Allen.