2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 08:16 AM)
In fairness, the 49ers aren't anywhere near full strength themselves

Yeah...I'm just tired of it either being the backup qb or now our two main weapons on offense. Just frustrating since it's been the case for a large number of our games the last few years against elite opponents.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
Yeah...I'm just tired of it either being the backup qb or now our two main weapons on offense. Just frustrating since it's been the case for a large number of our games the last few years against elite opponents.

Yeah, but they lost to the bills last week and started the game healthy. Let's stop kidding ourselves that this is some awesome team only held back by God being a meanie.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 08:55 AM)
Yeah, but they lost to the bills last week and started the game healthy. Let's stop kidding ourselves that this is some awesome team only held back by God being a meanie.

Oh, you're right. I guess I'll just watch re-runs of the Golden Girls instead.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
An expert who saw it on tape said from the look of it, it could be a sprain, a dislocation, or even a broken bone. Looks weren't good and it was difficult to tell what the trainers were doing.

He left with an "air cast" on his leg, which I think is somewhat inconsistent with a sprain.

AJ Green, DeSean Jackson, and Knowson Moreno out already today as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
As of now I have more confidence in Cutler.

I don't necessarily mean I'd install him as the starter, but I'd like to get him in a relatively low-risk situation if the league really soured on him. Trestman is the perfect kind of coach for him IMO. What we don't know, outside of the injury issues, is what kind of guy he is. There is a little smoke to the idea that he might be an egotistical asshole, in which case there is a limit to how much coaching will do for him in the long term.