Asking Prices Beginning to Fall

rowand's rowdies

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 06:16 AM)
Thing is, it's not even a fair fight. It's like an old WWF match where the Road Warriors are up against a couple jobbers. The announcers are pleading with the referee to just step in and stop the fight.

I agree. The mods are severely outmatched here.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 16, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
Enjoy it. Three weeks from now it's going to be all about spring training numbers and Hawk for the 2934833 year in a row talking about how much he likes the Sox chances.

I tell you what. In all mah time, I've never seen a squad that looked this good in Spring Training. Robin's really got em fired up. The last time I felt like this Stone Pony was before 2005, datgummit.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 08:40 AM)
How do you know that Marty isn't a secret Google project developed by "friends" of SoxTalk involving an android programmed to rebut the entire SoxTalk community as a means of progressing discussion & driving sales, and *I* just happen to know a crack that allows me to get inside there and use the program to my advantage? I mean really, how would you know?

JxAIb2.jpg

5263ea42e691b27240aec59f_736.jpg

7d8da8a52bfa0901ed728b9ae210e2fc.jpg

Even Google's biggest failures were based in more intelligent design than this project. Name me one Google project that had three bad ideas and spit them out on repeat in a thousand different iterations?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 10:20 AM)
I tell you what. In all mah time, I've never seen a squad that looked this good in Spring Training. Robin's really got em fired up. The last time I felt like this Stone Pony was before 2005, datgummit.

Duckfart!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 10:20 AM)

My absolute favorite is:

I'm going to tell you what the job Buddy Bell has done . . . they got some talent over on that minor league field Stone Pony.

QUOTE (shakes @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 10:23 AM)
Even Google's biggest failures were based in more intelligent design than this project. Name me one Google project that had three bad ideas and spit them out on repeat in a thousand different iterations?

I've found that when posters on Soxtalk think an idea is bad it's usually not.

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 10:31 AM)
I've found that when posters on Soxtalk think an idea is bad it's usually not.

You're a running joke among soxtalk posters at this point, so typically, anything you think is a good idea is usually a bad idea.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 05:29 PM)
1 down, 1 to go.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 8m

#Orioles are closing in on a deal with Ubaldo Jimenez, according to @masnRoch. Appears to be a 4-year, $48MM deal.

It makes a lot of sense for Baltimore. They did a great job waiting out the market.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 05:29 PM)
1 down, 1 to go.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 8m

#Orioles are closing in on a deal with Ubaldo Jimenez, according to @masnRoch. Appears to be a 4-year, $48MM deal.

48 million over 4 years isn't much less than what was predicted for him at the beginning of free agency. It's actual almost exactly what Garza got with no draft pick compensation.

Well, Santana's not going to receive the $100 million his agent was posturing for...but it would be pretty hilarious if waiting until the very end to sign works in his favor with starting pitchers getting injured in the first few weeks of spring training.

Baltimore was kind of in a similar situation to the Sox coming into 2011 with Dunn...all in, and a very limited window to compete before having to tear things apart before 2016 probably. They were perhaps the most inactive team out there during the off-season, along with Cincy IMO.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
As much as I LOVE the movie "Brewster's Millions," that's not how money works in real life. If you save money today, you can spend it tomorrow.

Sure, but as we have gone over before, next year the price goes up for a similar asset. It doesn't matter anyway because there will be another excuse not to spend money next offseason.