LIVE Olympics THREAD. WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 09:56 AM)
I have it on mute so I must have missed it. They built it s***ty and now cannot fix it. Awesome.

They built it in a place with air temperatures that are above freezing. The other courses are seeing some of the same problems where once it gets later in the day, the snow is just turning to slush. I know they were talking about it in the women's slopestyle as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
The announcers have said like 80 times that they're working on that spot non-stop. Apparently, the fix ain't easy.

It's almost like the "bad weather for the superbowl" arguments--yeah, everyone has to deal with the same crap, but it's really changing the nature of everyone's runs that they've practiced forever and it's making it more random and less about skill and execution.

Tina Maze and Dominique Gisin will share Alpine skiing’s top prize.

For the first time in Olympic history two gold medals will be awarded in an event after the Slovenian and Swiss finished with identical times in the Sochi women’s downhill. Lara Gut of Switzerland earned the bronze.

- See more at: http://www.nbcolympics.com/wmaq/news/olymp...h.4Q0bY5RX.dpuf

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
Tina Maze and Dominique Gisin will share Alpine skiing’s top prize.

For the first time in Olympic history two gold medals will be awarded in an event after the Slovenian and Swiss finished with identical times in the Sochi women’s downhill. Lara Gut of Switzerland earned the bronze.

- See more at: http://www.nbcolympics.com/wmaq/news/olymp...h.4Q0bY5RX.dpuf

Even better, she has a music video and has a baritone voice

http://deadspin.com/jam-out-to-gold-medali...ideo-1521329455

Olympic hockey is epic, period.

Solid first game today, Sweden really had Czech back on their heels, but Czech responded, just too big of a hole to get out of and Henrik played well. Jagr looked spry.

I'm still trying to figure out wtf happened with Pavelec. He's either hurt...or they decided not to play him, or he decided not to play himself? They basically forfeited by doing so, in the most important game in their group. OK then.

Latvia almost with the epic upset, fluke ass goal loses it for them with 7.9 left. That was rough.

Also, LOL at Ozolins(h) out there playing for Latvia. That's just awesome.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 10:29 PM)
Olympic hockey is epic, period.

Solid first game today, Sweden really had Czech back on their heels, but Czech responded, just too big of a hole to get out of and Henrik played well. Jagr looked spry.

I'm still trying to figure out wtf happened with Pavelec. He's either hurt...or they decided not to play him, or he decided not to play himself? They basically forfeited by doing so, in the most important game in their group. OK then.

Latvia almost with the epic upset, fluke ass goal loses it for them with 7.9 left. That was rough.

Also, LOL at Ozolins(h) out there playing for Latvia. That's just awesome.

Agreed on Sandis. I about s*** when I saw that. At first I honestly thought it was his kid. He used to get annoying points against me in NHL 98 for Christ's sake.