Sox breakout player for 2014?

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
I love Moose Drool! It has been in Chicago for a while, but I'm not sure if it's in NY. I always tell Newcastle fans they have to try Moose Drool.

I haven't had it in a while and bringing up the name (and thus googling, and thus seeing glorious photos) made me crave the hell out of it. I might drink like 20 beers tonight. That might also be a bad idea.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)
I am a lover of all non-light, non-lambic beers, and Hamm's is one of my favorites. No foolin'. Was once nicknamed Hammster as a result.

Maybe I just haven't had it in a while, but all I remembered was bitter, metallic flavor. It's kinda like if you eat something when you're sick and and then you don't like it anymore, except I was never sick, I just didn't like it.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
I love Moose Drool! It has been in Chicago for a while, but I'm not sure if it's in NY. I always tell Newcastle fans they have to try Moose Drool.

I like Newcastle but Moose Drool is head and shoulders above it I think. If you like brown ales, New Glarus's Fat Squirrel is great (although they don't distribute outside of WI) and if you don't mind spending a little dough, Samuel Smith's Nut Brown is one of the better beers I've ever had.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 05:29 PM)
I like Newcastle but Moose Drool is head and shoulders above it I think. If you like brown ales, New Glarus's Fat Squirrel is great (although they don't distribute outside of WI) and if you don't mind spending a little dough, Samuel Smith's Nut Brown is one of the better beers I've ever had.

I'm not a fan of the SS, but I agree on Fat Squirrel. Everyone should take an annual trip up to the Mars Cheese Castle anyway and you can always grab a sixer of that. I think it's the best New Glarus beer.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 04:13 PM)
I think you just proved our point

I guess I understand.

Miller High Life Light to me is basically water. I'd bathe in it & feed it to my plants if it were as cheap as water. And if it *did* become as cheap as water is I wouldn't hold that fact against it, I would embrace it.

BTW I was just now thinking, anyone (like me) who has ever at any point in his/her life owned a bullfrog or turtle as a pet knows that these animals seem to do very well - even thrive - in disgusting muck full of animal waste products and so on. So I wonder if you were to say, take your common Red Ear Slider and introduce him to a tank with Miller High Life Light as the substrate, if the animal would thrive in those conditions as well?

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
I guess I understand.

Miller High Life Light to me is basically water. I'd bathe in it & feed it to my plants if it were as cheap as water. And if it *did* become as cheap as water is I wouldn't hold that fact against it, I would embrace it.

BTW I was just now thinking, anyone (like me) who has ever at any point in his/her life owned a bullfrog or turtle as a pet knows that these animals seem to do very well - even thrive - in disgusting muck full of animal waste products and so on. So I wonder if you were to say, take your common Red Ear Slider and introduce him to a tank with Miller High Life Light as the substrate, if the animal would thrive in those conditions as well?

I had a girlfriend who had red ear sliders, and if you listened to her, it seemed anything short of 20 gallons of elbow room in a temperature controlled clean room would make them instantly decompose into malaria-carrying mosquitos with opposable thumbs. I'm glad I broke that off. She didn't like beer, either.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 05:43 PM)
That is a colloquialism for a young professional and taken at it's literal definition, I assume this post was meant as a compliment, so I thank you dearly.

I assume THIS post was another excuse to use 'colloquialism,' which I support and will continue to support in the coming election.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
I'm not a fan of the SS, but I agree on Fat Squirrel. Everyone should take an annual trip up to the Mars Cheese Castle anyway and you can always grab a sixer of that. I think it's the best New Glarus beer.

Fat Squirrel is definitely my favorite New Glarus beer, but I do really like their Coffee Stout and Uff-Da as well. I would put New Glarus's beers up against anybodies and I'm glad I live in Wisconsin and can get it without having to make a trip out of it.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 05:45 PM)
Fat Squirrel is definitely my favorite New Glarus beer, but I do really like their Coffee Stout and Uff-Da as well. I would put New Glarus's beers up against anybodies and I'm glad I live in Wisconsin and can get it without having to make a trip out of it.

I like the lager, too. It's got 'woman' in the name, I think.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 04:44 PM)
I assume THIS post was another excuse to use 'colloquialism,' which I support and will continue to support in the coming election.

I'm assuming coming election is just a colloquialism for the future, so I'm great with this post too.

I also want to point out how awesome it is that we can be at each others' throats for the better part of 2 weeks and suddenly we start talking about beer and it's like we're old time friends. I think this is always true, and to say "screw you!" to anybody that does not drink beer (recovered alcoholics aside, we still like you).

To beer! :drink :cheers

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
I'm assuming coming election is just a colloquialism for the future, so I'm great with this post too.

I also want to point out how awesome it is that we can be at each others' throats for the better part of 2 weeks and suddenly we start talking about beer and it's like we're old time friends. I think this is always true, and to say "screw you!" to anybody that does not drink beer (recovered alcoholics aside, we still like you).

To beer! :drink :cheers

:cheers

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 05:54 PM)
Also EMinor please sewnd me your girlfriends phone # I like turtles. I've actually rescued several of them including one last year which was hit by a car, nursed back to health, and released at a local pond. She & I would certainly share a common desire to care for aquatic reptiles by immersing them in beer.

She lives in Cleveland. You don't want that.