Eliminating Cable / Sat TV

Texsox

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
Yes, but if you only ever watch sports, and have a friend who watches the same sports, you can have one cable subscription and one sling box instead of two cable subscriptions.

OR, if you live outside of the range of CSN Chicago and your father lives inside the range, you can watch Sox games on the Sling Box while he is watching at home.

Does the person in Chicago have to be watching the game, or does it work as long as that tv isn't on another program. I've been thinking about getting a sling box for my parents' house in Chicago so I can watch Bears and Sox games in AZ. They have a tv in the basement that they never use (it is hooked up to cable).

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 03:03 AM)
Does the person in Chicago have to be watching the game, or does it work as long as that tv isn't on another program. I've been thinking about getting a sling box for my parents' house in Chicago so I can watch Bears and Sox games in AZ. They have a tv in the basement that they never use (it is hooked up to cable).

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly but you would set the box up in your parents basement. Then in AZ you get access to all their channels. That tv will have to be on whatever you in AZ are watching but you can actually change the channel from AZ and the tv will also change to it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
I'm not sure what you're asking exactly but you would set the box up in your parents basement. Then in AZ you get access to all their channels. That tv will have to be on whatever you in AZ are watching but you can actually change the channel from AZ and the tv will also change to it.

You answered my question. Thanks.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 11:30 PM)
You answered my question. Thanks.

Also, TV doesn't need to be powered on if you're using a box. Only the box would need to be on in that case. You can even send the power command in this case.

• 3 months later...

Hulu does not play ball with CBS IIRC.

I think there are a handful of shows that you have to wait longer than a day if you don't have a cable subscription now, too.

Edited by Jake