2014 MLB catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:24 AM)
Argument/s for why Tanaka should just go ahead and have surgery right now...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/p...ble-with-tanaka

Thanks for posting the article. I agree with the points made. If it were me, I'd have the surgery while I'm young and able to recoup faster.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
Garrett Richards should have made the all-star team. Scherzer over Sale or Richards was really dumb. And too many relievers too.

I understand that Yankees middle reliever is having a good season but nobody want to see them in the All Star game. Starters and closers. JMO

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 11:18 AM)
Ask Dan Hudson and Gavin Floyd about getting TJS just because it's a cinch and you're better off afterwards

But it's back to that point, nobody can think of ONE example of a player who's had a partial UCL tear and not had it STILL go out on him eventually, within a season or two.

The Wainright example is the only counterexample...pitching in pain with less effectiveness for 1 1/2 or 2 seasons, then going under the knife. In that case, it worked out for the Cardinals, he returned to the same level as before the injury, if not better. That's the best-case scenario for the Yanks.

Except we don't know if Tanaka can pitch well enough under those conditions where it will make an appreciable difference to their playoff chances in 2015 and 2016 or not. I guess everyone will find out soon enough...with the main effect being the TJ surgery will be delayed by 6-8 weeks.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 05:49 PM)
Some people really need to be careful what they post to their social media.

https://www.facebook.com/hector.santiago.75...701237283245381

liēnātus: the truth is out there

to all the retards still supporting military forces (I don't f***ing give a f*** it's your son or else), you are still f***ing blind, there is no such thing as a good military man, semper f**gotry is rampant, wake the f*** up, and if you don't, then you're on my enemy list as protecting the satanic system

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 02:07 PM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 11m

Mariners are having ongoing trade discussions with Rays regarding David Price and Ben Zobrist, sources say. No deal imminent. @FOXSports1

Taijuan Walker in Tampa is not very funny.

Padres GM Finalists Are Preller, Hazen, Eppler, Ng

By Jeff Todd [July 17, 2014 at 3:39pm CDT]

The Padres have narrowed their list of candidates for the club’s open GM position with intentions of conducting second interviews next week, reports Scott Miller of Bleacher Report (Twitter links). Among the candidates for the GM office, Red Sox assistant GM Mike Hazen could be the favorite, according to a report from Jim Bowden of ESPN.com (via Twitter).

According to Miller, the finalists are Hazen, Rangers assistant GM A.J. Preller, Yankees assistant GM Billy Eppler, and MLB executive Kim Ng. It appears from that list that the club has every intention of handing the reins over to a somewhat younger option who has never occupied the head baseball operations role.

Reports have indicated, however, that the club could look to bring back former GM Kevin Towers in a senior adviser role if he is dumped by the D’backs. Click here to read a recent round-up of the San Diego front office search.

Former White Sox front office exec Kim Ng in final four in SD...would be first female, and pretty sure the first Asian as well to be a GM...hope they're really giving her a legit shot at the job