2014 MLB catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
He's become a more egotistic ass since he's learned how to hit.

But he's always been an ass.

He's a showboat. Wish McCutchen caught that. Gomez would've looked like more of an ass.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
Pitchers don't like it when you admire your home runs.

Wasn't a homer which already made Gomez look dumb. So did Cole yell at him "Thanks for staring, you saved me a run!"

Edited by Rowand44

Cole is an idiot and should be blamed for that whole ordeal. Pitchers should never talk trash and you never b**** at a guy for admiring a non-home run; he's already been punished by looking like an idiot. Looks like Russell Martin was a little too eager to prove he could fight somebody too.

Tempers aside, though, Gomez looks a lot like a guy who is juiced up

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)
Cole is an idiot and should be blamed for that whole ordeal. Pitchers should never talk trash and you never b**** at a guy for admiring a non-home run; he's already been punished by looking like an idiot. Looks like Russell Martin was a little too eager to prove he could fight somebody too.

He does play with Ryan Braun. And he also started hitting for a lot more power once he became a Brewer. So yeah, I don't think that's a coincidence.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)

Why, exactly? Only hitters can talk trash? Pitchers should just take it all day long.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 09:07 PM)
What did Gomez do wrong? That wasn't showboating at all IMO and I hate the guy. Baseball players are such b****es with all their unwritten rules.

Eh, this happens in all sports. Maybe in baseball more, but I think that's because of how the game is set up. Act like a clown, someone's going to have an issue with it, and I'm fine with that. Go play the damn game.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 12:35 AM)
Why, exactly? Only hitters can talk trash? Pitchers should just take it all day long.

Eh, this happens in all sports. Maybe in baseball more, but I think that's because of how the game is set up. Act like a clown, someone's going to have an issue with it, and I'm fine with that. Go play the damn game.

How is celebrating the best possible outcome of an at-bat acting like a clown? Fights don't start because Patrick Kane gets on one knee and fist pumps after scoring a goal. I don't see running backs getting cheap shotted for doing a touchdown dance. Gomez should have looked like a clown for not running out a ball that stayed in the park, instead Cole does for getting upset at Gomez for hitting his crappy pitch.

That's the thing about baseball, the pitcher has complete control over keeping the ball in the park. It's 100% on him if gives up a home run ball, he should have no one to blame but himself, not the batter for being excited.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)

I didn't want to go there, and often find myself restraining that tendency. But, admittedly, it's part of the reason why I asked if he was always a 24Karat asswipe, or only since he learned how to hit.

And since we've gone there, Anibel Sanchez is at the very top of my suspicion list. Gaining 2 full ticks on the FB at 29y.o. with a very different looking body than as a Marlin. Says he committed to a training regimen last offseason for the 1st time, but of course he's going to say that to get out in front of the inevitable questions.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 12:35 AM)

I probably should say that they should never talk trash about the triple they just gave up.

The trouble with talking s*** as a pitcher is that even when you suck, you're successful the vast majority of ABs. You can't get all high and mighty over getting a guy out.