Taking Suggestions

NorthSideSox72

So, Spring Training is right when things start getting going for most White Sox blogs. But for FutureSox, it has tended to be a somewhat down time. We do a ST preview article (which we published here), and around the end of ST we do affiliate previews. In between, we report on any news items, but otherwise don't usually do much.

Got any ideas for what to write about during ST, focused on prospects and minor leagers? Already did a piece on the 4 toolsy outfielders. What else would be intriguing? Another guest piece written by a player maybe?

Just curious what people would like to see.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
Is it possible to get coverage of the minor league ST games?

Would love to, but that is going to be tough. None of the writers are local to AZ. Dan and I are both in the Chicago area, Jeff is in the UK. Occasional writers aren't nearby either. We all have full time jobs, and in some cases wives and kids. So travelling is a rarity. We did manage to get myself and Brian to some affiliate games last summer, and hope to get a couple guys out to games this year, but no one has plans for ST.

Hopefully next year.

Oh also, FS is still looking to take on new writers. We have a couple guys lined up for the daily recaps, but they are also both Chicago folks. If anyone is going to be in AZ and wants to do some scouting for us, please do let me know.

QUOTE (staxx @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 11:31 AM)
Maybe like a "big board" in terms of ST performances or stock? Something like a power ranking type thing for younger players (or could do all).

I know ST performances don't mean much, but could be fun to see. Was just trying to come up with something unique.

Yeah, ST performances are notoriously sketchy, but it still could be fun to look at the numbers for prospects and minor leaguers. Thanks for the suggestion!

As for Big Board stuff, we haven't done one in a while, but we may do an article near the end of ST with a predictive Big Board of minor league rosters to open the season. Then update it when the rosters are actually announced.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
I wouldn't mind more draft coverage, considering we're choosing so high.

Dan does fantastic work with that, and we'll be doing that this year of course like every year. One of the nice things about picking so high is, we can do some preview pieces before the draft of the 5 or 6 likely candidates for that #3 pick, since it should be pretty narrowed down by then. We will definitely be doing some solid draft coverage this year, count on it.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
I definitely think the middle infield may see some turnover over the next year or two with Beckham being Beckham and Alexei being a valuable commodity nearing the end of his deal. Similar to the toolsy outfielders article, there could be some insight on the glut of options we have up the middle.

Semien, Sanchez and even Leury Garcia are on the cusp.

Micah Johnson needs a little bit more developmental time but isn't too far off.

Tim Anderson is an exciting prospect but raw.

It does appear the middle infield is becoming a strength in the system.

Along those lines, Dan wrote a piece last August comparing Leury Garcia, Carlos Sanchez and former Sox prospect Eduardo Escobar, looking at their seasons at similar ages. Was a pretty cool comparison.

So, Spring Training is right when things start getting going for most White Sox blogs. But for FutureSox, it has tended to be a somewhat down time. We do a ST preview article (which we published here), and around the end of ST we do affiliate previews. In between, we report on any news items, but otherwise don't usually do much.

Got any ideas for what to write about during ST, focused on prospects and minor leagers? Already did a piece on the 4 toolsy outfielders. What else would be intriguing? Another guest piece written by a player maybe?

Just curious what people would like to see.

Photos of hot wives/girlfriends of Sox prospects.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
It does appear the middle infield is becoming a strength in the system.

Along those lines, Dan wrote a piece last August comparing Leury Garcia, Carlos Sanchez and former Sox prospect Eduardo Escobar, looking at their seasons at similar ages. Was a pretty cool comparison.

I don't have a suggestion at the moment. I'd just like to thank you folks for all of the time and effort you put in. I really enjoy reading your posts and learning about all of the prospects.

THANK YOU!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a big board in an excel file that I try to keep up to date. I have attached the file in a board post here in the past.

I can try to put it on the FS website in some form, although it likely wouldn't be updated as often in that format because it wouldn't be as easy.

Good morning all !!!

As we come close to the start of another yr of sox baseball, I can't help to get excited about all the new players we have. What I

trying to figure out is and I thought will be a good eval of our prospects, after the season starts, some of our top 20 prospects gong

with the parent club up north, how does the next group of prospect looks. Which players to start getting excited about, and lastly

which players will slide to the new order.... which I am not even adding how the draft will add to that pool.

to everybody, have a blessed year !!!

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 07:08 AM)
Good morning all !!!

As we come close to the start of another yr of sox baseball, I can't help to get excited about all the new players we have. What I

trying to figure out is and I thought will be a good eval of our prospects, after the season starts, some of our top 20 prospects gong

with the parent club up north, how does the next group of prospect looks. Which players to start getting excited about, and lastly

which players will slide to the new order.... which I am not even adding how the draft will add to that pool.

Well, if you look at the Top 25 list, and eliminate guys like Abreu and Johnson who will be going north with the team, that gives you some idea. As far as guys outside that list that may "pop" this year, we did a couple "Next Wave" articles - one is pitchers, the other is position players. We also took a look at some guys in the LatAm pipeline who you may see with affiliates this year. Give those a read.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 07:08 AM)
Good morning all !!!

Holy crap! back from the dead! Good to see you!