Who is Your Favorite non-Sox Player

cabiness42

Idea stolen from the favorite ex-Sox player thread.

Who is your favorite currently active player who has never played for the Sox or been in their minor league system?

For several years, mine was Adam Dunn, because I am also a big lefty and the Reds are my favorite NL team. Of course Dunn is no longer in this category so now it's Joey Votto, for the same reasons.

Probably Trout. It was really fun to watch him play A ball here. You could tell he was something special. A ball is for the most part, terrible baseball, but there are some guys that stand out that you can tell are going to make it. Buxton played here last year, and he will have a pretty good career, he will probably end up being similar to Adam Jones.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
Idea stolen from the favorite ex-Sox player thread.

Who is your favorite currently active player who has never played for the Sox or been in their minor league system?

Yea that's tough. Cause currently mine is Gio... has been for years. (other than Reed of course)

Edited by SoxAce

I can't think of anybody, so I'll look at it this way. ...

Guy I'd like to see most in a Sox uniform: Sal Perez of the Royals. To get him in his prime would be so much fun. So I guess he's my favorite non Sox player.

He reminds me of a young Carlton Fisk. He's simply a stud.