Who is Your Favorite non-Sox Player

cabiness42

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 04:52 PM)
OF: Yoenis Cespedes

OF: Carlos Gomez

OF: Yasiel Puig

1B:Edwin Encarnacion

2B:Dustin Pedroia

SS:Derek Jeter

3B:Evan Longoria

C:Buster Posey

SP:Matt Moore

SP:Stephen Strasburg

SP:Felix Hernandez

RP:Grant Balfour

How can you like Puig?

SP- Kershaw, Lincecum, Weaver, Bronson Arroyo, Lester, Beckett

RP- Papelbon

C- Salty

1B- Trumbo, Napoli, Hart, Overbay

2B- Pedroia

SS- Hanley Ramirez

3B- Wright, Punto

OF- Crawford, Ellsbury, Hamilton, Kemp, McCutchen

DH- Ortiz

If you couldn't tell, if I didn't love my ChiSox so much (at times, unfortunately) I'd love me my BoSox

Too many...

Andrew McCutchen, Pedro Alvarez, Starling Marte, Jose Fernandez, Julio Teheran, Taijuan Walker, Michael Pineda, Mark Trumbo, Matt Adams, Yasiel Puig, Yoenis Cespedes, David Price, Felix Hernandez, Wei-Yin Chen, Adam Jones, David Ortiz, Justin Masterson, Danny Salazar, Vidal Nuno, Alfonso Soriano, Chris Carter, Brian Dozier, Hanley Ramirez, Anibal Sanchez, Miguel Cabrera, etc

Prospects I like: James Paxton, Miguel Sano, Eddie Rosario, CJ Edwards, Tyler Glasnow, Javier Baez, Carlos Correa, Archie Bradley, Noah Syndergaard, Robert Stephenson, Alen Hanson, Phil Ervin, etc

If they weren't White Sox players: Jose Abreu, Chris Sale, Jose Quintana, Dayan Viciedo.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
SP- Kershaw, Lincecum, Weaver, Bronson Arroyo, Lester, Beckett

RP- Papelbon

C- Salty

1B- Trumbo, Napoli, Hart, Overbay

2B- Pedroia

SS- Hanley Ramirez

3B- Wright, Punto

OF- Crawford, Ellsbury, Hamilton, Kemp, McCutchen

DH- Ortiz

If you couldn't tell, if I didn't love my ChiSox so much (at times, unfortunately) I'd love me my BoSox

Damn near half your list would have made my list of LEAST favorite players.

I like Giancarlo Stanton - (name change not counting)

The guy had Ozzie as a manager, then when all the good players were sold off, he stayed and played and never complained about it.

I also like Fat Fielder. Nothing about his body tells you that he should play baseball, but he still runs his butt off and plays his butt off for his team.

Edited by glangon

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
Because I'm somewhat of a Brewer fan also, I've liked Overbay, Lucroy, Sheets and Jenkins quite a bit over the years.

Fun fact: Brett Jenkins, the brother of Geoff Jenkins, was an instructor at a baseball camp I attended. He looked almost exactly like Geoff.

I'm surprised none of you guys are worried about Salvador Perez and list him as I did. He's scary good and could dominate our baserunning theft attempts for years to come. I hope Coop figures a good way to pitch to him cause I think he's a star (if he stays healthy). If Sox had a catcher like Perez I think Sox would win the division this year. The black hole at catcher for the Sox really is a killer.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 11:14 PM)
I'm surprised none of you guys are worried about Salvador Perez and list him as I did. He's scary good and could dominate our baserunning theft attempts for years to come. I hope Coop figures a good way to pitch to him cause I think he's a star (if he stays healthy). If Sox had a catcher like Perez I think Sox would win the division this year. The black hole at catcher for the Sox really is a killer.

One player does not a division winner make. Yes, there is a hole at catcher, but we've been over this many times. Who can the Sox realistically get to fill that hole for years to come? And to say adding one player is going to win a team the division is ridiculous. The Sox aren't one player away.

Perez is a great player, just ask Hawk. And he may very well play hell on the Sox's baserunning. But he doesn't play for every team. He plays for one team. I'm not saying they can ignore him, but there are so many other players on a bunch of other teams that the Sox will need to take note of. Just like the Sox have a few players that other teams are going to have to watch out for.