2014 NFL Draft Thread

Depending on where in the 2R I think I'd do that speculated trade, esp in this draft. Team is built to win now IMO so I'd sacrifice a bit. If they could come away with Hageman/Tuitt and Joyner/Brooks I think it'd be a really solid move. You figure if they have a 1st round grade on Hageman it's basically trading a 1st this year for a 1st next year.

Worth noting that the Bears should have "loads" of money next year so any glaring hole could be filled in FA.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
@AdamSchefter 5m

Filed to ESPN: 49ers trading a conditoonal 2015 4th-round pick to Buffalo for WR Stevie Johnson, per sources. Pick can become a 3rd.

Buffalo did a good job on the deal.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2014 -> 12:00 PM)
@AdamSchefter 5m

Filed to ESPN: 49ers trading a conditoonal 2015 4th-round pick to Buffalo for WR Stevie Johnson, per sources. Pick can become a 3rd.

The Bills have had the worst draft in the league, imo.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2014 -> 01:14 PM)
Buffalo did a good job on the deal.

Pretty bad move. You gave up a future first for a freaking wideout and now this. Don't like it at all if I were a Bills fan. Watkins is not Megatron here.

Yeah, the Bills are having a bad two days. Why even trade Johnson? He is signed cheaply for two more years.

They could of had a nice setup with Watkins, Woods and Johnson.

Also why are the Panthers making this trade for Johnson?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2014 -> 03:15 PM)
The Bills have had the worst draft in the league, imo.

I disagree they got a playmaker they needed badly in Watkins. Yes Buffalo paid a heavy price to get him, nice to see Buffalo take a chance a go get a guy for once. Buffalo also got out from under Johnson's contract and save a lot of money and the pick is a good value to me. Mike Williams took his spot anyway. Bills are my AFC team I have no problem with either trade, not making the playoffs for a longtime makes you take chances. Jacksonville has had the worst draft.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)
Yeah, the Bills are having a bad two days. Why even trade Johnson? He is signed cheaply for two more years.

They could of had a nice setup with Watkins, Woods and Johnson.

Also why are the Panthers making this trade for Johnson?

Buffalo just traded for Mike Williams a couple of weeks ago..............Johnson was odd man out.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
Buffalo just traded for Mike Williams a couple of weeks ago..............Johnson was odd man out.

Trading for Williams was the first mistake. As Stevie Johnson is better and cheaper.

They are not one player away from being a great team. Which is why the Watkins trade was so bad.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
Man I just can't get over how insane the Rams line is.

I thought the Bears were gonna get Donald. I didn't think the Rams needed another good DL.

Good thing they don't have a QB. Otherwise they might be dangerous.

Speaking Friday, Bears GM Phil Emery confirmed that Peanut Tillman will remain at cornerback this season, and not be moved to safety.

The Bears used the No. 14 pick on CB Kyle Fuller, but he'll start out in the slot, leaving Tillman and Tim Jennings on the outside. Now 33, Tillman struggled mightily as he played through injury in 2013. The Bears may rethink their stance on Tillman as a corner if he gets off to a slow start this season.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
Trading for Williams was the first mistake. As Stevie Johnson is better and cheaper.

They are not one player away from being a great team. Which is why the Watkins trade was so bad.

Honestly, the Bills couldn't have had a worse day or so in my personal opinion. They better hope EJ is the real deal.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
Man I just can't get over how insane the Rams line is.

Rams Dline is insanely good. Rams are a good team...well if they can figure out how to get Bradford to not suck. They need a wideout.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
Speaking Friday, Bears GM Phil Emery confirmed that Peanut Tillman will remain at cornerback this season, and not be moved to safety.

The Bears used the No. 14 pick on CB Kyle Fuller, but he'll start out in the slot, leaving Tillman and Tim Jennings on the outside. Now 33, Tillman struggled mightily as he played through injury in 2013. The Bears may rethink their stance on Tillman as a corner if he gets off to a slow start this season.

Per Rotoworld

He'll be hurt by the 3rd game anyway.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2014 -> 04:16 PM)
Honestly, the Bills couldn't have had a worse day or so in my personal opinion. They better hope EJ is the real deal.

Watkins was clearly the best WR in the draft, I do not know how that equals "worse day". I guess we will agree to disagree.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
Watkins was clearly the best WR in the draft, I do not know how that equals "worse day". I guess we will agree to disagree.

I wouldn't say clearly. IMO Benjamin will be a better pro

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2014 -> 04:25 PM)
I disagree they got a playmaker they needed badly in Watkins. Yes Buffalo paid a heavy price to get him, nice to see Buffalo take a chance a go get a guy for once. Buffalo also got out from under Johnson's contract and save a lot of money and the pick is a good value to me. Mike Williams took his spot anyway. Bills are my AFC team I have no problem with either trade, not making the playoffs for a longtime makes you take chances. Jacksonville has had the worst draft.

I feel like the Bills regularly take chances to go get big time guys at skill positions and it hasn't worked out well for them. Guys like Spiller are good players but they never have the kind of strength around them that it takes to even get close to .500. This feels the same to me.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)

Best wideout but he doesn't come close to what a Julio Jones / Aj Green / Megatron looked like, imo.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 9, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
DeMarcus Lawrence? Who dat? A reach at #34, especially to trade up to get him?

Another tweener DE/OLB from Boise State.......Bear fans know how that turns out.