Batting 2nd

Reddy

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 07:14 AM)
Biggest thread fail EVER?

Not even close. 3 threads have been closed in the last month due to (He who shall not be named) and (Him who shall not be named who signed with the Orioles because they dont mind giving up draft picks), this one has a ways to go

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 27, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
Remember when Beckham wasn't done improving?

Well that's about the worst argument ever. Saying "x" won't improve because "y" didn't is incredibly generalized and all together wrong. Maybe we should take each example individually and work from there, mmk?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 07:57 AM)
Not even close. 3 threads have been closed in the last month due to (He who shall not be named) and (Him who shall not be named who signed with the Orioles because they dont mind giving up draft picks), this one has a ways to go

Kyle's a buttface

/thread win

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 07:57 AM)

I was referring to the fact that Garcia is batting 3rd today

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Well that's about the worst argument ever. Saying "x" won't improve because "y" didn't is incredibly generalized and all together wrong. Maybe we should take each example individually and work from there, mmk?

Haha no I'm not saying that - my point is, it's pointless to talk about how good he might be in the future. IMO right NOW he serves us best out of the 2 hole. But we'll see. If his power develops then id have no qualms batting him 3rd.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 08:43 AM)
Haha no I'm not saying that - my point is, it's pointless to talk about how good he might be in the future. IMO right NOW he serves us best out of the 2 hole. But we'll see. If his power develops then id have no qualms batting him 3rd.

You should have just said that in the first place, because it is much more logical and well reasoned.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 27, 2014 -> 07:56 PM)
The guy has limited power. He's a gap power, 20 homer guy. I'd much rather we have a line drive hitter who makes consistent contact and sprays doubles all over the field in the 2 hole, and leave Abreu for 3rd.

The kid has unlimited power. Whether he uses it in the games is a different story.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)
The kid has unlimited power. Whether he uses it in the games is a different story.

tbh I don't much care what a guy does in batting practice if it doesn't translate on the field. ;)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)

sort of related...

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 1h

Gordon Beckham a little more upright in his stance but told me today he is done talking about stance changes.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)
so he didnt bat second, then

oi.

listen, if Beckham could hit then clearly he's our #2.

he cant.

I really don't want Lexi and his sub-300 OBP in the two hole. If Avi isn't 2nd to start the season I'll eat all the crow you want :P

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 05:20 PM)
listen, if Beckham could hit then clearly he's our #2.

he cant.

I really don't want Lexi and his sub-300 OBP in the two hole. If Avi isn't 2nd to start the season I'll eat all the crow you want :P

a

What you are not considering is the complete lineup. IF Avi hits 2nd, that probably leaves 6-9( SS-2B-3B-C) as all singles hitters. That also leaves Viciedo/DeAza as the protection for the 4th batter. I think we will see Beckham or Alexei or whoever wins 3b as the second batter. the bigger issue is Eaton. If he fails, who bats 1st.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 06:03 PM)
a

What you are not considering is the complete lineup. IF Avi hits 2nd, that probably leaves 6-9( SS-2B-3B-C) as all singles hitters. That also leaves Viciedo/DeAza as the protection for the 4th batter. I think we will see Beckham or Alexei or whoever wins 3b as the second batter. the bigger issue is Eaton. If he fails, who bats 1st.

Eaton is not an issue. This I promise you.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 05:03 PM)
a

Another reason to move Dunn down in the order.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 07:29 PM)
Eaton is not an issue. This I promise you.

Just a little devil's advocate here, but how is it that you consider Eaton not to be an issue but Avisail to have limited power if we're going based on their current developmental status? Eaton did not have a successful year last year.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 1, 2014 -> 10:07 PM)
Just a little devil's advocate here, but how is it that you consider Eaton not to be an issue but Avisail to have limited power if we're going based on their current developmental status? Eaton did not have a successful year last year.

He was hurt all year.

Avi has 37 homers over 2,000 minors ABs.

Questions?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 1, 2014 -> 11:03 PM)
Oh, and Avi also has a career .734 OPS in the minors compared to Eaton's .951

But were going to disregard what league(s) Avi was playing in compared to Eaton at a much younger age to boot.

**Noone has to know this.**