Mike Leake?

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 27, 2014 -> 09:42 PM)
I was listening to Bruce Levine on with Hub Arkush tonight briefly and Bruce was talking about the Sox having some interest in Mike Leake from Cincinnati. Did anyone hear this or know anything about it?

Stop listening to Bruce Levine.

...about anything.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Feb 27, 2014 -> 10:36 PM)
Stop listening to Bruce Levine.

...about anything.

Yeah I generally agree about Levine. However, I was wondering about the context of the discussion. I missed the whole first part. Are they interested? Should they be interested? What was the context of the information.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 27, 2014 -> 09:42 PM)
I was listening to Bruce Levine on with Hub Arkush tonight briefly and Bruce was talking about the Sox having some interest in Mike Leake from Cincinnati. Did anyone hear this or know anything about it?

Was this a now thing, or an at one point in time thing?

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
Only would make sense if they are spinning off another SP someplace else. Leake is second year arb eligible and getting more expensive, he is pretty good, but not really what this team needs now.

This is honestly my exact thought. On paper, he's a more valuable piece than anybody the Sox would give up, but it's just not a move that makes a whole lot of sense from the Sox perspective.