Teams have interest in Viciedo/De Aza

Y2Jimmy0

Tweeters are now saying Michael Saunders

Astros have a quality C prospect behind Castro. I wouldn't overpay for Castro at this point. See how he does this year.

I'd deal Viciedo/De Aza et al for prospects in a heartbeat, even if in the low minors.

Edited by GreenSox

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
Hawk would be ecstatic but I don't understand the interest in Saunders. Much rather take a gamble on Viciedo reaching his potential.

Why trade an OF for an OF? That wouldn't make sense to me.. We still be in the same situation with have De Aza coming off the bench.. You get a C, 2B, or SS that is better then what we currently have or has the potential to be or don't make a deal.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Tweeters are now saying Michael Saunders

Astros have a quality C prospect behind Castro. I wouldn't overpay for Castro at this point. See how he does this year.

I'd deal Viciedo/De Aza et al for prospects in a heartbeat, even if in the low minors.

Saunders, please no.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 04:42 PM)
Why trade an OF for an OF? That wouldn't make sense to me.. We still be in the same situation with have De Aza coming off the bench.. You get a C, 2B, or SS that is better then what we currently have or has the potential to be or don't make a deal.

No one's going to give us a good C for De Aza et al (and we have middle infield prospects near ready). That's why I'm okay with prospects.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)
Just read tweets that Saunders is indeed one of the names involved. I would hope there's a + to that for Viciedo then.

I hate that trade already. Need higher quality than what we've got. Don't think Saunders is any damn good, we've got version of him already.

This is way overpaying, for left-handedness? Say it ain't so.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 05:04 PM)
I don't get trading one OF for another one that we have to keep on the roster. That doesn't really help the team.

Still could - er should - move De Aza.

Not sure if I like Saunders though. REally don't know anything about him.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
I actually a really intrigued and would really enjoy a 1-2 at the top of the lineup with eaton and saunders

Career OPS 64 points lower than DV, 2 1/2 years older. He's Jordan Danks if we gave Jordan Danks more ABs. This would blow, horribly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
I don't get trading one OF for another one that we have to keep on the roster. That doesn't really help the team.

This would very much be a "We need to get Viciedo off the roster now before he does more damage" move.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
There could be one caveat in here we're not thinking about.

If they're considering moving Viciedo for one of the Mariners' expendibles...that would mean they've reached a point of severe unhappiness with Viciedo, either with something building during last season or something that they're really unhappy with about how he came to camp.

Otherwise, the only reason to move him would be the M's overpaying by giving up one of the guys people are saying they won't give up.

I believe your point is valid, but Viciedo was hurt last year so are the Sox unhappy with an injured player or thinking he still might perform to expectations?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 06:18 PM)
I believe your point is valid, but Viciedo was hurt last year so are the Sox unhappy with an injured player or thinking he still might perform to expectations?

If they trade him for Michael Saunders + a few random, non-great pieces, they are really unhappy with him.

Are these Tweeters reputable?

If they don't think Dayan will ever lay off the slow stuff getting Saunders back would be a major coup.

The trade makes no sense for either team though, they are just swapping disappointing assets without solidified positions.

QUOTE (daggins @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
Are these Tweeters reputable?

If they don't think Dayan will ever lay off the slow stuff getting Saunders back would be a major coup.

The trade makes no sense for either team though, they are just swapping disappointing assets without solidified positions.

Huh? He's bad. We've got about 6 guys in the system that could be better in the two hole.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)
Huh? He's bad. We've got about 6 guys in the system that could be better in the two hole.

He isn't good but his defense alone makes him more valuable than the last two years of DV if neither of them progress.

QUOTE (daggins @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
He isn't good but his defense alone makes him more valuable than the last two years of DV if neither of them progress.

The ceiling is so low for Saunders, he's not nearly the plus player we need. If they're angry with Dayan, trade him someplace else.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)
Just read tweets that Saunders is indeed one of the names involved. I would hope there's a + to that for Viciedo then.

Tweets from who? I've yet to see anything reputable implying anything is close.

@ProspectInsider: Hearing Michael Saunders is a name that has been discussed in Dayan Viciedo talks w/ White Sox.”

This guy is followed by all the reputable baseball writers like Nightengale, Morosi, Heyman, Mayo. And he likes Saunders a lot more than Viciedo....I do not agree with him on that at all.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 05:53 PM)
@ProspectInsider: Hearing Michael Saunders is a name that has been discussed in Dayan Viciedo talks w/ White Sox.”

This guy is followed by all the reputable baseball writers like Nightengale, Morosi, Heyman, Mayo. And he likes Saunders a lot more than Viciedo....I do not agree with him on that at all.

If they get Saunders for Viciedo, he had better come with a damned good prospect of some sort.