ST 3/6 games thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
Was not aware of this. Best shape of his life? ;)

No, I'm saying I hope he earned his day on the bench by being good so far. Not just because he's a first rounder.

Anyway, here's a story on Hawkins today.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-...g-think-day-day

Sounds like he's thinking better. Have to think the Trout/Harper phenomenon of the last couple years has made some other players, maybe like Hawkins, think they're just as good as them and want to be there immediately.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 12:45 PM)
No, I'm saying I hope he earned his day on the bench by being good so far. Not just because he's a first rounder.

Anyway, here's a story on Hawkins today.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-...g-think-day-day

Sounds like he's thinking better. Have to think the Trout/Harper phenomenon of the last couple years has made some other players, maybe like Hawkins, think they're just as good as them and want to be there immediately.

Thanks. Kid needs to start off well this season and put last year behind him.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
Danks loaded them up thanks to a hit, a walk and an Adam Dunn error, got out of it unscathed though. 2 K's. Gameday has no velocity reading on him which is a bit annoying, there's one on Beck in the other game.

Whatever Danks's velocity is today it shouldn't matter either...I almost don't want him throwing all-out yet, take his time and build up. In 2 weeks or so, then maybe start telling me what it is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
Whatever Danks's velocity is today it shouldn't matter either...I almost don't want him throwing all-out yet, take his time and build up. In 2 weeks or so, then maybe start telling me what it is.

He should not be throwing his hardest yet. Shoulder muscles are just like any other muscles. Do you run a marathon without training? Do you bench press 300 lbs on the first attempt? They need to work the muscles into shape.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
Nieto robbed of a hit by Chavez.

He had a good swing on the ball and hit it hard but Chavez robbed him of at least a double. Hope Nieto stays on the roster or we trade to make sure he can stay in our minor league system.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 02:41 PM)
He should not be throwing his hardest yet. Shoulder muscles are just like any other muscles. Do you run a marathon without training? Do you bench press 300 lbs on the first attempt? They need to work the muscles into shape.

It would be interesting to see where he is regardless. If he is already at say 89-90, the chances are better than he could end up at the 92-93 he used to throw at pre-surgery. If he is 86-87, that might also be telling.