Bachelor Party in the City

iamshack

Hey guys...so coming back to Chicago for sort of a bar crawl with my friends for the Chicago edition of my bachelor party. The date is March 22nd. The plan (if you could call it that) is to head into the City from the burbs around 10ish (am). We're going to choose a starting point, begin watching the games and drinking, and just see where the hell that takes us. Probably going to book some hotel rooms somewhere, which will obviously be our endpoint for the evening, but otherwise, there is no set plan, structure, etc. Just watching basketball and drinking with a crew of about 15 or so.

So anyways, I haven't really been to the City much in the last several years. My old stomping grounds were sort of the Lincoln Park/Wrigleyville/Lakeview area, so I have some familiarity with that area, but am certainly open to some of the newer developments in the South Loop and the West side?

Would love to hear some suggestions on cool places to go for sports, afternoon debauchery, pockets of highly-concentrated mischief, etc.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Edited by iamshack

If you're planning on seeing a naked lady or ten, don't do it in the city or basically anywhere near the city. Find some private girls and have them come to the hotel. Anywhere in the city or burbs will charge a cover and be rather, um, tame. In the City limits I believe they still have to use pasties. In the burbs it's not full nude. May be a deal breaker for you, I dunno. My thinking on that stuff is since it's just a gigantic cock tease anyway, it better be something memorable or it's a waste of time/money.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
If you're planning on seeing a naked lady or ten, don't do it in the city or basically anywhere near the city. Find some private girls and have them come to the hotel. Anywhere in the city or burbs will charge a cover and be rather, um, tame. In the City limits I believe they still have to use pasties. In the burbs it's not full nude. May be a deal breaker for you, I dunno. My thinking on that stuff is since it's just a gigantic cock tease anyway, it better be something memorable or it's a waste of time/money.

Pink monkey is the only good one and its not great. HUGE rip off.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
Hey guys...so coming back to Chicago for sort of a bar crawl with my friends for the Chicago edition of my bachelor party. The date is March 22nd. The plan (if you could call it that) is to head into the City from the burbs around 10ish (am). We're going to choose a starting point, begin watching the games and drinking, and just see where the hell that takes us. Probably going to book some hotel rooms somewhere, which will obviously be our endpoint for the evening, but otherwise, there is no set plan, structure, etc. Just watching basketball and drinking with a crew of about 15 or so.

So anyways, I haven't really been to the City much in the last several years. My old stomping grounds were sort of the Lincoln Park/Wrigleyville/Lakeview area, so I have some familiarity with that area, but am certainly open to some of the newer developments in the South Loop and the West side?

Would love to hear some suggestions on cool places to go for sports, afternoon debauchery, pockets of highly-concentrated mischief, etc.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I'll have to sit and think about this one for a bit. I really like some of the "party rooms" that some bars do for these types of events or even the old town social/pour house tap at your table.

If you have a large group you may want to plan ahead, while bars/restaurants obviously like business, if you roll in with a large group it can quickly turn chaotic and just a pain. Obviously that's dependent on how busy they are, so during day, you might be good, might want to call ahead to a place or two near whatever hotel you stay at so they can reserve something.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)

Nah, don't really want to do strip clubs in chicago...we can do this in the Vegas edition :)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 09:50 PM)
How pricey do you want the bars?

Sports bars or dive bars are ok....don't really need anything super upscale...although that isn't meant to throw out of the equation anything "new" either...just nothing too snooty.

It really depends on the atmosphere.

Wrigleyville will be more rowdy.

Wells/River North will be fancier (better food/tables etc).

I personally dont mind Wells/River North areas during the day because they arent as crowded and you can get some nice food. I refuse to wait in line at night, so those areas are usually off limits.

The problem of course is that youll likely have a hotel downtown, so it probably will make the most sense to go in the River North area. Or if youre feeling hipster you can go west of the highway and ironically watch the basketball games while you pay $6 for your ironically overpriced pbr.

:D

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)

I personally dont mind Wells/River North areas during the day because they arent as crowded and you can get some nice food. I refuse to wait in line at night, so those areas are usually off limits.

The problem of course is that youll likely have a hotel downtown, so it probably will make the most sense to go in the River North area. Or if youre feeling hipster you can go west of the highway and ironically watch the basketball games while you pay $6 for your ironically overpriced pbr.

Hah...$6 for PBR!

Honestly, who knows where we'll end up...I just sort of need a starting point with some decent options and then where we end up is really going to be a function of who/what we encounter along the way!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
Hah...$6 for PBR!

Honestly, who knows where we'll end up...I just sort of need a starting point with some decent options and then where we end up is really going to be a function of who/what we encounter along the way!

Unless you really want to go to Wrigleyville or Lincoln Park, Id probably say Old Town. It has a decent mix of some dive(ier) (OTP) bars and some classier ones. Its also pretty centrally located in terms of River North/Lincoln Park/Whateverhipstervilleiscalled

Also Second City etc is there so its actually not bad. Except it can get extremely douche.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)

River North is tourist hell. I hate it.

Old town is ok and pretty close to the hotel center. Obviously I am partial to the west side. I really also enjoy division/Damen.