Dunn not in the best shape of his life

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
How can you guys argue about the same bulls*** over and over. This board's becoming redundant as hell.

It's just one unhappy troll riling a bunch of people who are bored during Spring Training. It happens.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
Well, Gordon Beckham really does suck. He also has a big head with a tiny, squished face. He looks kind of like I'm on acid.

Good one.

"admiring the shape of his skull" is my favorite line in Fear and Loathing.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 09:44 AM)
I love the thought but's let remember how greg was 100% anti-Rios immediately and as a result he looked like an absolute genius during the "all-in" year. There was no need for him to have been negative then, he should have been supportive.

But still maybe you're right, and he was negative about Rios then because he needed to join the party, needed to get as many people on his side as possible for what was soon to become his Alamo for Ozzie. But Greg is terrific regardless and it is important to remember all the great things he's said about Mark, AJ, and the Hawkaroo over all these years. And if those comments were meant for balance then what a sad f***in state man, seriously.

It's not about being "right," it's about being contrary.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 08:13 AM)
Nothing, none of that, just the fact that he's still on the roster.

Wite, to be honest here, and to bare my soul a bit right now, I just feel like the Sox FO reads these threads here (not so much Buddy Bell though) and especially Hahn almost certainly reads these threads. And if so then Hahn almost certainly reads every one of my posts and takes them quite seriously. Now I don't know the man or the myths, only a tiny bit of the legend, and so I don't know exactly how he would view my posts, but I do think it's likely he sees them as coming from a member of the Sox family, or a close friend or trusted advisor. And so I feel like by showing support for doing the right things like dumping Dunn I'm just playing my own little small part, for the better of the organization as a whole. I'm just trying to make this world better one day at a time here, that's all. But it's like with you, it always feels so cold, like a deli, and I don't know where the counter is or always who is working behind it and who is standing in front of it looking for something, but it's always like one of us is waiting on the other, and like one of us always has each other's number. And sometimes one of us is a turkey but actually probably not a turkey or chicken for me, just beef mostly, corned beef probably, but the fact is Adam Dunn sucks my balls and I hope he vanishes from this roster.

Ugh...Adam Dunn.... what a major disappointment. Honestly, I am tired of reading about his struggles. He has been a bust and an expensive one at that. For whatever reason, this signing did not pan out. I can't wait to move in a different direction and for his sake- either be in a different uniform- or retired from the game.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
Ugh...Adam Dunn.... what a major disappointment. Honestly, I am tired of reading about his struggles. He has been a bust and an expensive one at that. For whatever reason, this signing did not pan out. I can't wait to move in a different direction and for his sake- either be in a different uniform- or retired from the game.

Agree. I'd much rather not have to hate the guy anymore.

Here, good riddance. On any other team, good luck.

The signing made great sense at the time.

Given his career accomplishments the pay wasn't at all out of sight.

The draft pick cost wasn't even worth talking about.

Knowing his game it was reasonable to assume a regression during the contract at some point, probably Year 4, but not a severe one.

Didn't work out, too bad so sad, cut the cord, send him elsewhere and play the younger controllable types, because even if they are not seen by the FO as being part of the 2016 team and beyond, they could at least bring back something that hopefully will be assuming they have quality seasons. And betting on Dunn for a quality season, salary relief, anything at all is completely foolish. Even the Cubs understand this, dumping off Zambrano and Soriano just to get them out of the clubhouse and off the field taking up playing time and out of the minds of the fanbase. Turn the f***ing page already. I can almost hear Bob Seger singing it now as we all wave tearful goodbyes full of joy watching that gigantic unfortunate mistake finally GTFO of here.

Edited by The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
Someone needs to put that on greg775's profile.

If anybody knows how to put that in place of Rongey fan club I'd be all for it. Rongey isn't paying me to praise him so much (kidding). I do tend to like the Sox of 2005 a lot, but I will say I do despise a lot of Sox, Dunn at the top of the list. By despise, I mean as players, not people.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 01:47 AM)
If anybody knows how to put that in place of Rongey fan club I'd be all for it. Rongey isn't paying me to praise him so much (kidding). I do tend to like the Sox of 2005 a lot, but I will say I do despise a lot of Sox, Dunn at the top of the list. By despise, I mean as players, not people.

It would be a lot more humorous if you despised them as people, haha, like Rios.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 09:29 PM)

Knowing his game it was reasonable to assume a regression during the contract at some point, probably Year 4, but not a severe one.

Didn't work out, too bad so sad, cut the cord, send him elsewhere and play the younger controllable types, because even if they are not seen by the FO as being part of the 2016 team and beyond, they could at least bring back something that hopefully will be assuming they have quality seasons. And betting on Dunn for a quality season, salary relief, anything at all is completely foolish. Even the Cubs understand this, dumping off Zambrano and Soriano just to get them out of the clubhouse and off the field taking up playing time and out of the minds of the fanbase. Turn the f***ing page already. I can almost hear Bob Seger singing it now as we all wave tearful goodbyes full of joy watching that gigantic unfortunate mistake finally GTFO of here.

The Cubs saved about $7 million in the Soriano trade and $2.5 million on Carlos Zambrano.

Morgan-Freeman-has-cotton-candy-your-arg

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 10:29 PM)

Wait, do you want Adam Dunn gone? Can you elaborate on your position?

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 09:29 PM)

You won't know what to do once you catch your windmill.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
The Cubs saved about $7 million in the Soriano trade and $2.5 million on Carlos Zambrano.

Morgan-Freeman-has-cotton-candy-your-arg

Because Soriano is still somewhat useful and Z was an Ozzie project. Cubs still ate about $39M of the $46M remaining and they'd been trying to do this deal for a long time. Cubs ate $15.5M of the $18M owed to him. In total the Cubs ate about 85% of Soriano's deal and 86% of Zambrano's deal. If the Sox ate 85% of Dunn's deal they'd eat $12.75M leaving the acquiring team paying $2.25M. Which is probably a little much for Dunn, maybe $1.5M is more likely, meaning the Sox would eat 90%, 4% more than Z and 5% more than Zambrano.

So yeah you win nothing and your candy s*** I will have you know mixes very poorly with overrated imported beer. And Morgan Freeman doesn't drink that crap, he drinks Miller High Life Light with me & reads me stories while I drift off to sleep.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)
Because Soriano is still somewhat useful and Z was an Ozzie project. Cubs still ate about $39M of the $46M remaining and they'd been trying to do this deal for a long time. Cubs ate $15.5M of the $18M owed to him. In total the Cubs ate about 85% of Soriano's deal and 86% of Zambrano's deal. If the Sox ate 85% of Dunn's deal they'd eat $12.75M leaving the acquiring team paying $2.25M. Which is probably a little much for Dunn, maybe $1.5M is more likely, meaning the Sox would eat 90%, 4% more than Z and 5% more than Zambrano.

So yeah you win nothing and your candy s*** I will have you know mixes very poorly with overrated imported beer. And Morgan Freeman doesn't drink that crap, he drinks Miller High Life Light with me & reads me stories while I drift off to sleep.

Adam Dunn hits right handed pitching. He's useless to you because you fail to understand that point, which really makes me question whether or not you had a bad encounter with Adam Dunn at some point in your life and this is your idea of getting back at him when in reality, he's never going to see this. Your best bet is to go to the stadium and boo him, which plenty of other people already do, and then he hits a home run and gives the Sox a lead only to see Lindstrom give it up in the 8th and then Konerko or Viciedo or whoever strikes out in the 9th to end the game.

Steve Martin is ironing a f***ing cat. Your argument is still invalid.

martin-kitten.jpg

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
Adam Dunn hits right handed pitching. He's useless to you because you fail to understand that point, which really makes me question whether or not you had a bad encounter with Adam Dunn at some point in your life and this is your idea of getting back at him when in reality, he's never going to see this. Your best bet is to go to the stadium and boo him, which plenty of other people already do, and then he hits a home run and gives the Sox a lead only to see Lindstrom give it up in the 8th and then Konerko or Viciedo or whoever strikes out in the 9th to end the game.

Steve Martin is ironing a f***ing cat. Your argument is still invalid.

martin-kitten.jpg

Great so if he's a platoon option then maybe the Sox would only have to eat 85% of that deal & can save a little over $2M. Excellent. Even better. Cubs got a better prospect than anything I'd hope for Dunn, so maybe we could even get a guy with a pulse. If so, wonderful, just absolutely wonderful.

You know you have a strong argument when all you get in response consistently is a compete overlooking of facts, stats, truth, etc. and pictures of Steve Martin & tweets from SS2k5.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)

So basically you just admitted the whole meme of no chance of getting something for Dunn is wrong. Glad you finally came around.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
So basically you just admitted the whole meme of no chance of getting something for Dunn is wrong. Glad you finally came around.

My argument is we're not getting enough for him to make it worth holding onto him. And no, I don't believe we'd get as good a deal for Dunn as the Cubs did for Soriano, but the better the deal the happier I'd be.

I'd absolutely settle for someone taking him on at $1M for an INTL bonus slot and the equivalent of another team's Storm Throne or Tony Bucciferro.

If you actually pull your head out enough to think for a second, and view Dunn with his age and on his slide compared to Viciedo and DeAza at their ages and team control, chances are even a plummeting DV or ADA brings back more at the deadline than the best Dunn we've seen here on the Sox, and it's absolutely certain that a quality year from either ADA or DV brings back something to potentially get excited about or at least look forward to.

The idea of dumping a better asset because you're too f***ing stubborn and dumb to cut your losses should be torn apart by any board of knowledgeable sports fans. And there should be no reason to have to explain why.

(something posted on twitter)

(pic of something)

(agreement with wite/shoutout to wite)

(something else on twitter)

Edited by The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
Great so if he's a platoon option then maybe the Sox would only have to eat 85% of that deal & can save a little over $2M. Excellent. Even better. Cubs got a better prospect than anything I'd hope for Dunn, so maybe we could even get a guy with a pulse. If so, wonderful, just absolutely wonderful.

You know you have a strong argument when all you get in response consistently is a compete overlooking of facts, stats, truth, etc. and pictures of Steve Martin & tweets from SS2k5.

Sorry, I am having a hard time finding these facts you are using. Pointing out that Adam Dunn has a beard, is left handed, was an investor in the Dallas Buyer's Club, and strike out are facts I am already aware of. Please, inform me of these facts that prove he is a bad hitter.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
Sorry, I am having a hard time finding these facts you are using. Pointing out that Adam Dunn has a beard, is left handed, was an investor in the Dallas Buyer's Club, and strike out are facts I am already aware of. Please, inform me of these facts that prove he is a bad hitter.

You need to hit return more often, it really accentuates the points of a post.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
My argument is we're not getting enough for him to make it worth holding onto him. And no, I don't believe we'd get as good a deal for Dunn as the Cubs did for Soriano, but the better the deal the happier I'd be.

I'd absolutely settle for someone taking him on at $1M for an INTL bonus slot and the equivalent of another team's Storm Throne or Tony Bucciferro.

If you actually pull your head out enough to think for a second, and view Dunn with his age and on his slide compared to Viciedo and DeAza at their ages and team control, chances are even a plummeting DV or ADA brings back more at the deadline than the best Dunn we've seen here on the Sox, and it's absolutely certain that a quality year from either ADA or DV brings back something to potentially get excited about or at least look forward to.

The idea of dumping a better asset because you're too f***ing stubborn and dumb to cut your losses should be torn apart by any board of knowledgeable sports fans. And there should be no reason to have to explain why.

(something posted on twitter)

(pic of something)

(agreement with wite/shoutout to wite)

(something else on twitter)

haters_gonna_hate.png

Edited by ScottyDo