Dunn not in the best shape of his life

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)
No, because you don't have a clue as it is.

I really hope you are a kid that hasnt been around very long because you simply have no clue on this topic and are becoming the type of poster that people completely ignore because your ideas are totally insane. I've already stated the org's position on this topic and how they tried to deal him, and I mentioned these both months ago. If you cannot accept that's their direction you may want to search for something else to be completely crazy about.

Edited by RockRaines

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, because you don't have a clue as it is. You pick one measure, go look at some of the others. Then after you do & realize you're wrong, post in another thread about something else instead of here about the same crap everyone else keeps going on about.

OPS is one of the best measures for offensive production, and Dunn plays DH so there are no defensive measures.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
Not gonna shop it to different junkyards and see if you can get >$0?

Sure. But I'm not going to hold out for something unrealistic. I'll take all the offers I can within a reasonable period of time & go with the best one. I won't try to keep it around for a few more months & pay insurance on it just because I want an extra hundred dollars.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)
Dunn does have a chance at a mostly empty and very low batting average

I think you misunderstand the term "empty" respective to batting average. It tends to be used for a singles-only type hitter. While the average might be high, it is relatively empty if the player fails to hit home runs and other extra base hits. Dunn is the opposite. He'll have a low batting average, but it won't be "mostly empty." In an atmosphere of declining home run totals around the league, Dunn is 4th in baseball in HR over the past 2 seasons.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 06:38 PM)
I think you misunderstand the term "empty" respective to batting average. It tends to be used for a singles-only type hitter. While the average might be high, it is relatively empty if the player fails to hit home runs and other extra base hits. Dunn is the opposite. He'll have a low batting average, but it won't be "mostly empty." In an atmosphere of declining home run totals around the league, Dunn is 4th in baseball in HR over the past 2 seasons.

Yeah I guess you're right. What I really meant to say is that Adam Dunn sucks my balls and so does his batting average. It would be nice if he could do more than one thing on a baseball field.

Here's hoping the Sox start him in LF on Opening Day if he's still here. That way The Sodfather can make sure the OF out there & warning track is muddy and full of potholes. And the Sox can start Paulino over Sale because he's hittable, and they can pitch every hitter so as to hit the ball over there to Dunn & make him run around. Sacrifice one game for the benefit of the team, like Hawk says, can't be afraid to lose a ballgame.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 18, 2014 -> 10:12 PM)
Per MLTBR Houston has inquired on every available 1B. Dunn blows but who knows, maybe there's a ray of hope there. Please Houston, take this big pile of crap away from here for good.

They have a Dunn: Chris Carter

It's sad if Danks doesn't make the team and one of the DeAza, Viciedo tandem has to sit because of Dunn. I don't like DeAza or Viciedo much, but I haven't given up hope on either just yet. I'd rather see either of those 2 play than Dunn.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 12:47 AM)
It's sad if Danks doesn't make the team and one of the DeAza, Viciedo tandem has to sit because of Dunn. I don't like DeAza or Viciedo much, but I haven't given up hope on either just yet. I'd rather see either of those 2 play than Dunn.

Same here, but the real problem was addressed here a couple of months ago when Konerko re-signed. Sox simply don't have room for both PK and Dunn, not with the stud rookie playing every day. Hahn and JR have to face the music. They decided PK can come back, so Dunn should be jettisoned. Hahn keeps saying that he is playing for the long term -- fine, then cut Dunn if you can't trade him. He owes it the the other 24 players, if nobody else.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 07:42 AM)
Same here, but the real problem was addressed here a couple of months ago when Konerko re-signed. Sox simply don't have room for both PK and Dunn, not with the stud rookie playing every day. Hahn and JR have to face the music. They decided PK can come back, so Dunn should be jettisoned. Hahn keeps saying that he is playing for the long term -- fine, then cut Dunn if you can't trade him. He owes it the the other 24 players, if nobody else.

So put Dunn in AAA?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
So put Dunn in AAA?

It doesn't f***ing matter where you put him as long as he's not on the MLB roster. Hopefully he'd sign with a new team so the Sox would at least get a tiny bit of salary relief even if it's just a few hundred K.

I've said JorDanks is a better bet for this team, a better fit going forward, and has more value to us than Dunn for a while now. Of course the Wite led SS (2K5) mob has threatened me, tried to smash all my windows, etc. but it's still true. They're all still wrong, and it's still true. JorDanks is EARNING a spot on this team. Give it to him.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 18, 2014 -> 11:58 PM)
They have a Dunn: Chris Carter

It's a long shot but if Houston is *really* down on Chris Carter (sure sounds like it) then Dunn + total salary relief + a reasonable prospect like Carlos Sanchez for Chris Carter would be an interesting proposition. Carter is a Steverson guy from his A's days and although Carter is basically a mirror of Dunn offensively, he'll be 27 this year so there's at least a shot he'll continue to develop into something better. If not, what do you lose, a UT player prospect? You could offer the same type of deal with a relief prospect or somewhat interesting but far away SP spect. But again Houston only does that if they're completely sure they want out on Carter.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
Aww look see what you guys are causing with your Dunn loving bulls***? Come on now. What's this really about? Can't you all see what's really important here?

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 04:46 PM)

These two posts (or really, images) really put into perspective how psychotically obsessed you are with Adam Dunn. The mere fact that you are calling people stupid, both directly and indirectly, is enough for suspension, but that you would go this far to defame and foul a respectable man's reputation, someone who most on here realize is not going anywhere, despite your thousands of attempts to convince otherwise (of which no one believed or listened to because of numerous logical reasons, none of which were you willing to listen), really goes to show how far off the deep end you really are. Please, rather than drawing more pictures of Adam Dunn and coming up with these fake and terrible Microsoft Paint letters, take your time off to get some freaking help.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 08:17 AM)
It's a long shot but if Houston is *really* down on Chris Carter (sure sounds like it) then Dunn + total salary relief + a reasonable prospect like Carlos Sanchez for Chris Carter would be an interesting proposition. Carter is a Steverson guy from his A's days and although Carter is basically a mirror of Dunn offensively, he'll be 27 this year so there's at least a shot he'll continue to develop into something better. If not, what do you lose, a UT player prospect? You could offer the same type of deal with a relief prospect or somewhat interesting but far away SP spect. But again Houston only does that if they're completely sure they want out on Carter.

The thesis of your entire argument has been to get Dunn out of the way to open up playing time for a non-Dunn player. Now you want to replace him a guy who you just described as a "mirror of Dunn offensively," get no salary relief, AND give up a prospect in the process?

You just undermined the objective part of your argument, completely. What you have just proposed does nothing but hurt the team's chances to win now and in the future. This is clearly nothing more than a personal vendetta and there's no reason for anyone to take your argument seriously.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 08:38 AM)
The thesis of your entire argument has been to get Dunn out of the way to open up playing time for a non-Dunn player. Now you want to replace him a guy who you just described as a "mirror of Dunn offensively," get no salary relief, AND give up a prospect in the process?

You just undermined the objective part of your argument, completely. What you have just proposed does nothing but hurt the team's chances to win now and in the future. This is clearly nothing more than a personal vendetta and there's no reason for anyone to take your argument seriously.

Amen.

I've been one of the few Dunn fans during his tenure here. The results aren't there, but the guy obviously tries. From everything I've seen and read, he's a great clubhouse guy, and that's something...just not enough. This year, however, that veteran presence could be more important to a team full of youngsters, a team that is going through a "rebuild". I'm not saying he should be teaching guys how to hit, but the guy's a professional.

Honestly, I'm glad this is his last year. This team could seriously be contending in 2015, and they're going to need someone who hits better (preferably from the left). Let's hope the Sox go out and find that guy. For now though, let's just accept the fact that he's here for 2014 and hope for the best.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 05:46 PM)

Umm, his father should have told him that he can't be sent to the minors because he's a veteran player with no options. He could refuse to report, and then play for another team on the White Sox's dime.

Edited by witesoxfan
removed "letter"

He is the reason the ignore feature exists on message boards, to filter the irrational crazies. The fact its been thrown around to "cut' or send down a MLB player makes me think these are kids who dont know much about the roster rules in baseball.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
He is the reason the ignore feature exists on message boards, to filter the irrational crazies. The fact its been thrown around to "cut' or send down a MLB player makes me think these are kids who dont know much about the roster rules in baseball.

I think he is totally behind the idea of swallowing his salary to get him off the team ("cutting" him)

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 09:25 AM)
I've been one of the few Dunn fans during his tenure here. The results aren't there, but the guy obviously tries. From everything I've seen and read, he's a great clubhouse guy, and that's something...just not enough. This year, however, that veteran presence could be more important to a team full of youngsters, a team that is going through a "rebuild". I'm not saying he should be teaching guys how to hit, but the guy's a professional.

Honestly, I'm glad this is his last year. This team could seriously be contending in 2015, and they're going to need someone who hits better (preferably from the left). Let's hope the Sox go out and find that guy. For now though, let's just accept the fact that he's here for 2014 and hope for the best.

In a game that results in failure about three times as many times as not for hitters, it is important for them to learn how to handle failure. Look at guys like Konerko and Beckham who had issues with exactly that.