Dunn not in the best shape of his life

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
Come back to the right side SS2k5 I'm much happier agreeing with you. Same to your wite, just admit it, we're all better off if Dunn is just gone.

You bought a microwave that cooks too hot for $150. You hang on to it, because you need a microwave and it's yours already. You know you can put up with it for another 6 months or so. Suddenly, someone is willing to give you $30 because "screw it, a microwave that cooks to hot is better than no microwave at all." You want to get a new microwave, or you've learned how to cook, or whatever other lazy analogy you want to come up with.

Multiply this by 100,000, and it's the exact same scenario. If you already have it, you may as well keep it. Again, yelling on Soxtalk is going to do nothing to make the Sox get rid of him or whatever, and most of us here happen to like Dunn, appreciate the work he puts it, realize he has been a disappointment as a free agent, but want to get something - even saving money - out of him. There is a some value there.

You are pretty much steering your own boat here bud.

At some point in time, rather than a leader or a voice of reason, you become the crazy bearded dude on the corner yelling about Jesus.

Edited by witesoxfan

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
Sorry, I am having a hard time finding these facts you are using. Pointing out that Adam Dunn has a beard, is left handed, was an investor in the Dallas Buyer's Club, and strike out are facts I am already aware of. Please, inform me of these facts that prove he is a bad hitter.

Oh and this too.

I posted all kinds of stats in other threads but you just ask me to post them again.

Balta even tried to get to me to ignore 1/3 of Dunn's Sox tenure and ADA's first half season, trying to compare the two, and I did that, which was obviously totally unfair, and statistically ADA still kicked his ass. I don't even care. Baseball reference is your best friend. Oh, and you tried to comp him to Thome and Thome at the end of his career also kicked his ass & no one wanted him, and the Sox passed at $1M while the Twins got him for a little over $2M IIRC. And Thome's numbers beat the s*** out of Dunn.

The truth is that Dunn has been soooo f***ing abysmal that there is absolutely no way anyone can look at his Sox numbers and make an arugment that he should be playing over any younger piece which could be part of the future or be traded for a piece of the future. Even a s***ty ADA or DV brings back more & the only reason you treade either of those guys more would be because the FO thinks they're just going to get worse this season. You don't trade either of those guys for Dunn.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)
You bought a microwave that cooks too hot for $150. You hang on to it, because you need a microwave and it's yours already. You know you can put up with it for another 6 months or so. Suddenly, someone is willing to give you $30 because "screw it, a microwave that cooks to hot is better than no microwave at all." You want to get a new microwave, or you've learned how to cook, or whatever other lazy analogy you want to come up with.

Multiply this by 100,000, and it's the exact same scenario. If you already have it, you may as well keep it. Again, yelling on Soxtalk is going to do nothing to make the Sox get rid of him or whatever, and most of us here happen to like Dunn, appreciate the work he puts it, realize he has been a disappointment as a free agent, but want to get something - even saving money - out of him. There is a some value there.

You are pretty much steering your own boat here bud.

At some point in time, rather than a leader or a voice of reason, you become the crazy bearded dude on the corner yelling about Jesus.

See this is why I love you and hate you all at the exact same time.

HAHAHAHA. And I appreciate the line breaks.

For the crazy Jesus man troll: The Sox tried very hard to unload Dunn and his salary but if you are getting no salary relief or a player in return, why just cast him off just because? It makes zero business sense so they hung onto him.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
Oh and this too.

I posted all kinds of stats in other threads but you just ask me to post them again.

Balta even tried to get to me to ignore 1/3 of Dunn's Sox tenure and ADA's first half season, trying to compare the two, and I did that, which was obviously totally unfair, and statistically ADA still kicked his ass. I don't even care. Baseball reference is your best friend. Oh, and you tried to comp him to Thome and Thome at the end of his career also kicked his ass & no one wanted him, and the Sox passed at $1M while the Twins got him for a little over $2M IIRC. And Thome's numbers beat the s*** out of Dunn.

The truth is that Dunn has been soooo f***ing abysmal that there is absolutely no way anyone can look at his Sox numbers and make an arugment that he should be playing over any younger piece which could be part of the future or be traded for a piece of the future. Even a s***ty ADA or DV brings back more & the only reason you treade either of those guys more would be because the FO thinks they're just going to get worse this season. You don't trade either of those guys for Dunn.

stormtrooper.gif I disagree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it. stormtrooper.gif

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)

For the crazy Jesus man troll: The Sox tried very hard to unload Dunn and his salary but if you are getting no salary relief or a player in return, why just cast him off just because? It makes zero business sense so they hung onto him.

Because then you are forced to dump a more valuable piece.

This isn't rocket surgery here.

Dunn's so f***ing bad that if there's even a legitimate 4th OF prospect behind him like Jordan Danks it's a block. But he's blocking PT from ADA & DV. And it's because the Sox are being stubborn and idiotic OR it's because they're aware of all of this & are only waiting to the end of ST to cut him, hoping someone comes along with either a proper return for ADA/DV or will give them a few scraps for Dunn.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)

Dunn's so f***ing bad that if there's even a legitimate 4th OF prospect behind him like Jordan Danks it's a block. But he's blocking PT from ADA & DV. And it's because the Sox are being stubborn and idiotic OR it's because they're aware of all of this & are only waiting to the end of ST to cut him, hoping someone comes along with either a proper return for ADA/DV or will give them a few scraps for Dunn.

LIke whom?

And why would the Sox pay the entire salary for Adam Dunn when he is playing for another team?

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)

Jordan Danks has no value. The value of nothing can never be greater than the value of nothing.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:23 AM)
Jordan Danks has no value. The value of nothing can never be greater than the value of nothing.

Danks > Mitchell, Walker, Thompson, etc. ATM because he's the only one currently good enough to even play at AAA, much less in the Major Leagues. Jordan Danks has become a solid 4th OF candidate, cheap, under control, lefty stick, a little pop & experience. He's a potential piece for 2-3 years just as he is, until he hits his 2nd arb year. Dunn's future value here is nothing, and he's not bringing back anything either later on. Jordan Danks is a better piece for us than Dunn. All f***in day.

Now I see I know exactly when you're trying to do.

You think I'm some troll, like some big dumb monkey at the zoo. And you're standing there behind the glass pounding your chest laughing, thinking I'm going to go all apes*** and run around angry and fuming until eventually I either run out of energy and go lay down and go to sleep or some trainer comes in and pops me with a dart. But that's only half true, and when you eventually succeed in your goal of getting me to quit posting it just happens because I have to do that anyway & not because you've really done something special by egging me on. And now I'm going to go throw my s*** around but just you wait wite I'm not done with you OR Dunn yet. That motherf***er is going to get cut if I have my say in this here & knowing how Hahn reads my posts & takes me advice I know this is going to happen and if it doesn't goddamnit I'm going to find that guy and put rocks in his f***in pancakes.

Edited by The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)

This has been posted a million different times, and ignored by TUC in all of them.

It is like having our very own Rush Limbaugh or Rachel Maddow to willfully ignore any contradictory facts.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
This has been posted a million different times, and ignored by TUC in all of them.

It is like having our very own Rush Limbaugh or Rachel Maddow to willfully ignore any contradictory facts.

That's not a fact, he asked he a f***ing question!!

AARAGGHGH!!

God damn you guys I'll be back later.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)
Danks > Mitchell, Walker, Thompson, etc. ATM because he's the only one currently good enough to even play at AAA, much less in the Major Leagues. Jordan Danks has become a solid 4th OF candidate, cheap, under control, lefty stick, a little pop & experience. He's a potential piece for 2-3 years just as he is, until he hits his 2nd arb year. Dunn's future value here is nothing, and he's not bringing back anything either later on. Jordan Danks is a better piece for us than Dunn. All f***in day.

Now I see I know exactly when you're trying to do.

You think I'm some troll, like some big dumb monkey at the zoo. And you're standing there behind the glass pounding your chest laughing, thinking I'm going to go all apes*** and run around angry and fuming until eventually I either run out of energy and go lay down and go to sleep or some trainer comes in and pops me with a dart. But that's only half true, and when you eventually succeed in your goal of getting me to quit posting it just happens because I have to do that anyway & not because you've really done something special by egging me on. And now I'm going to go throw my s*** around but just you wait wite I'm not done with you OR Dunn yet. That motherf***er is going to get cut if I have my say in this here & knowing how Hahn reads my posts & takes me advice I know this is going to happen and if it doesn't goddamnit I'm going to find that guy and put rocks in his f***in pancakes.

Except that you don't have a say, you aren't a gorilla, you aren't going to throw [actual] s***, and Dunn isn't going to get cut.

Please don't put rocks in his pancakes though, Tim Raines used enough rocks for the entire franchise.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)

AARAGGHGH!!

Nope, he answered his own question by saying "it's makes zero business sense," which is 100% true. It's not an opinion or a question.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
Nope, he answered his own question by saying "it's makes zero business sense," which is 100% true. It's not an opinion or a question.

I could get a direct quote from someone I know within the org and he wouldnt get it. Some people just ignore actual facts.

This thread today has been like a child that is throwing a temper tantrum, running around screaming, ripping the heads off stuffed animals while the parents calmly talk to said child, which only infuriates the child even more. Of course, what usually happen is that the child finally sobs himself to sleep surrounded by his beheaded stuffed animals.

Dumping Dunn with absolutely nothing in return as far as money or players makes zero sense and that is impossible to question. Obviously at that point you stick with him and hope for a 2012 replay, which is not insane considering that year he had actual live bodies in the lineup in front and behind him.

A guy like Dunn needs people on base necessitating a decent pitch come his way. Or of course something following him that's of a threatening nature. 2013 was not that. As a hitter, Last-Few-Years-Dunn takes the shape of whatever receptacle he's in.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:52 AM)
I could get a direct quote from someone I know within the org and he wouldnt get it. Some people just ignore actual facts.

I've gotten the impression all along that the Sox have wanted to move him and that frankly, even if he is good in the clubhouse, he wants to move on too. It's not that simple. He's going to be a good American and try his damnedest to be a good employee.

TUC: I think the problem is you're arguing very small things. It hit me when you tried to convince us that we should worry about Jordan Danks. The reality is that, even if you're right about Dunn's roster spot stunting someone's development, it will not ever make a significant difference. Take a step back from the screen and ask yourself "what is to be gained by Dunn? What is to be lost by Dunn?" Whichever one of those you think is more, it won;t be enough to matter. It's okay if Dunn stays -- it won't end up having anything to do with our next championship.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)

AARAGGHGH!!

The fact is that it does not make business sense to release Adam Dunn and pay him to be on another team when they could possibly recoup something later.