Various Races

pettie4sox

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 12:51 PM)
Sadly in this country, and particularly this state and city, "he's rich" is worse than "this dude straight up lied to you AND is taking your money away!!"

Here's the thing Jenks, both candidates are going to be taking money out of our pockets. If Rauner lowers the minimum wage, that's just more people on the government tit. Quinn's mismanagement of tax funds is already costing us money. The question is, which is going to cost the least.

So yeah it's really the lesser of two evils. I think Rauner has a good message with term limits and shutting down democrat ineptitude in Illinois. That being said, no poor person is going to get behind that guy knowing he thinks they should be paid less and that he wants to have tax loopholes for people that invest.

I think Rauner would shake up Illinois but he probably doesn't have the ammo to win this.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 08:13 PM)
Here's the thing Jenks, both candidates are going to be taking money out of our pockets. If Rauner lowers the minimum wage, that's just more people on the government tit. Quinn's mismanagement of tax funds is already costing us money. The question is, which is going to cost the least.

So yeah it's really the lesser of two evils. I think Rauner has a good message with term limits and shutting down democrat ineptitude in Illinois. That being said, no poor person is going to get behind that guy knowing he thinks they should be paid less and that he wants to have tax loopholes for people that invest.

I think Rauner would shake up Illinois but he probably doesn't have the ammo to win this.

I don't think Rauner will because he won't raise taxes. And the minimum wage stuff was an offhand remark to a small group of Republicans. It wasn't an actual initiative. And he's backed off of it and now supports a raise in the minimum wage. Still, that's one of those talking points you know will never, ever happen, even if he is elected.

Frankly at this point if anyone votes for Quinn they're a f***ing moron. Rauner could be a terrible governor and at worst that puts him on par with Quinn. We are one of the worst states in the union. Even if you're anti - Republican policy, you have to belive that something differrent will be better than what we have now. Also, I'll never understand someone that can vote for a liar. A liar who can't even come out and admit he was a liar. Again, sadly lying will be acceptable. Being a successful person is not. Who thinks that way? (55% of this stupid f***ing state)

And on top of that, this state HAS to break up the Madigan machine. Absolutely has to. We have no hope if he can continue to rule the state government.

To be perfectly honest, we already know Quinn is one of the worst politicians ... ever.

Rauner might be just as bad, but it'd be impossible to be worse than Quinn. So, at the very worst we have the next Quinn, and at best he's better...

I'd rather Rauner win, just because he's not potato head Quinn.

Yes, this is -- yet again -- picking the lesser of two evils, which equates to picking evil in either regard.

"This is the best we got folks ... garbage in ... garbage out." - George Carlin (speaking of politicians)

Edited by Y2HH