I want Jose Tabata

Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
How are the park-adjustments calculated? Do all players on the same team receive the same adjustment?

I don't know, I've always wondered that. I've always assumed that you use the park factors to dampen the linear weight values of each event, but I've never known how they actually weigh PT in in each park. Like does De Aza's line reflect 9 games at Comerica, for example. Not sure how precise they can actually get.

Do you know, wite?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
I don't know, I've always wondered that. I've always assumed that you use the park factors to dampen the linear weight values of each event, but I've never known how they actually weigh PT in in each park. Like does De Aza's line reflect 9 games at Comerica, for example. Not sure how precise they can actually get.

Do you know, wite?

I'm not entirely sure of the specifics, but I'm guessing that it's as specific as possible. The 9 games at Comerica, the 3 in Washington, and so on, but also how those parks play towards certain hitters. USCF gets a reputation as a place where it's hard to hit for a high average and doubles and triples, but easy for homers, but that's a misnomer. That information is absolutely true about right handed hitters, but lefties hit doubles and triples at a much higher clip, even above league average most years. My guess is that teams naturally shade towards left center because they believe guys will try and put it there (plus the wind will typically blow in that direction), which leaves a wide open gap for lefties in right center field, perfect for doubles and triples. Also, I'm guessing there's some of that jet stream effect that will push righties balls from center field to left center, putting a few more over the fence, while righties will go from right center to center, leading to more doubles and triples.

http://www.fangraphs.com/guts.aspx?type=pf...13&teamid=0