3/19 Roster Moves

cabiness42

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DeAza seems like their best chip to deal. He should have some value because of his offense, left-handed bat and ability (didn't say 5-star ability) to play multiple outfield spots.

Jordan Danks should be the fourth outfielder. He's making fourth outfielder money and he's a better defender.

Here's hoping Hahn gets something done.

Sure seems as if they have soured on Phegley.

I wonder if they still prefer Phegley over Nieto, but would rather have him play everyday at AAA while Flowers gets his last chance in the majors. Maybe they don't think much of Nieto, but feel he's a solid backup. If Flowers falters and gets hurt, maybe Phegley gets called up to start while Nieto remains #2?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
I wonder if they still prefer Phegley over Nieto, but would rather have him play everyday at AAA while Flowers gets his last chance in the majors. Maybe they don't think much of Nieto, but feel he's a solid backup. If Flowers falters and gets hurt, maybe Phegley gets called up to start while Nieto remains #2?

With the roster restrictions the way that they are, this way makes the most sense, no matter what they think of the three of them individually.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)

This is basically my view on it. I do think the Sox really like Nieto, but it's hard to believe he's ready for the majors. However, it makes sense to have Phegley play everyday in AAA while Flowers gets one more shot. Nieto (provided nothing changes) will get into a few games here and there. If Flowers succeeds, great. If not, Phegley comes up and becomes the #1 catcher.

Regardless, the Sox will have to make some sort of move at catcher by next season...unless one of these guys just explodes.