Jonathan Mayo's Chicago White Sox Top 20

GGajewski18

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)
Lopez at 12 and Engel at 14 are interesting. See the catch-all thread for some pipeline discussion about their list.

Lopez at 12 is VERY interesting, now that I think about it, especially given his relative age and that he'll miss time this year with an injury.

What is his injury again??

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
Lopez at 12 and Engel at 14 are interesting. See the catch-all thread for some pipeline discussion about their list.

Lopez at 12 is VERY interesting, now that I think about it, especially given his relative age and that he'll miss time this year with an injury.

Is Lopez injured?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 07:10 AM)
What is his injury again??

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 07:41 AM)
Is Lopez injured?

He hurt his knee training in the offseason. Had to have surgery. It was an ACL tear, happened in early November, typically it is a 6-8 month total recovery (according to Adam), but he was ahead of schedule last I asked. Figure safely it's 7 months, from early November, so you'd be looking at early June return to action.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 01:00 AM)
That write up on Lopez is extremely encouraging. I hadn't heard much of anything about him, or at least enough for his name to stick.

When we (FutureSox) did our most recent top prospects list, he was actually on the back end of my list initially... but I felt he should be down a few slots because the injury and missed time, so he just missed my list. He's been on the radar, I just don't know anyone who has ranked him THAT highly.