2014 Official Win Prediction Thread

southsider2k5

Wins?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will the White Sox have this year?

• Less than 59
    • 60-63
    • 64-67
    • 68-71
    • 72-75
    • 76-79
    • 80-83
    • 84-87
    • 88+

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Agreed. This team could go all 2012 Oakland A's or they could crash and lose 95-100 games again. I have no idea what to expect.

The closer we get to the season, the less confident I am in the team. I started the spring thinking 81-81, but as reality sets in, there are just too many question marks breaking in 3 new full time starters and probably seeing a mid season sell off that gets three more rookies in the lineup. I see a lot of growing pains this season, the future is bright, but it is not the future yet.

I'm looking forward to this season, as wins won't be nearly as important as player development (in my opinion). As long as Abreu, Eaton, Garcia, Semien and Davidson prove they can be decent starters at this level, then the season will be a success (along with keeping the starting pitching healthy).

We don't have the bullpen to ACTUALLY win games. Which is fine, no need to pour unnecessary resources into the bullpen for a team not designed to go deep. But even if we were capable of .500 I think the bullpen will keep us from it. At least as things stand today.