White Sox vs Reds @ 3 PM

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 05:25 PM)
He is really the only option we have to play SS with Beckham and Kepp injured, unless you let Luery play 2B and let Semien fill in at SS?

And our defense continues to be awful. 4 errors through 4 innings and Nieto didn't come anywhere near catching a popup behind home plate.

Alexei Ramirez at SS?

And I'm 100% expecting the defense to continue being awful for a while.

Aaaaaaaand, the umps are now 0 for 2 in reviews this inning. I wonder if this is going to be a theme this season, just confirm the call on the field to make it seem like the umps don't make mistakes. I forget what other game it was this spring, but the umps also continued to get the calls wrong after the review was called for.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
Alexei Ramirez at SS?

And I'm 100% expecting the defense to continue being awful for a while.

I was assuming his comment about "making the team" was in reference to backup players. Luery is the only guy we have to can fill in for Alexei at SS, other than maybe Semien, who is already a starter for us.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
I was assuming his comment about "making the team" was in reference to backup players. Luery is the only guy we have to can fill in for Alexei at SS, other than maybe Semien, who is already a starter for us.

Every time I raised this issue when we decided to use our last bench spot for a platoon DH I've been told that it won't be a big deal as Alexei plays 150+ games a year and shouldn't be expected to take a lot of days off.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
Little miggy with a triple and De Aza with a sac fly

That was good base running -- stretching an easy double into a triple. He cut the corner at second, good slide at third. He then came in on a sac fly.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 08:33 PM)
Stone's right - the D has been pretty bad this spring.

I won't be able to stand it if the Sox defense sucks again this year. The team knew it was a major problem. Some heads have to roll if the Sox kick it all over the field and finish last.