Sox vs Twins April 2 game thread

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to go to a meeting...after the inning where Paulino was walking everyone, how has he looked?

Frustratingly dicking around the strike zone racking up his pitch count. But his stuff has looked good and one of those runs in unearned. He's finished strong and doesn't look too bad. I mean can't be too upset with one ER in 5 innings, of course you would hope he could go deeper. Had a hard hit ball in the first that could go out on some days.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
I'll take that start. If he's this years Hector Santiago I'm cool with it.....Perhaps pitching him behind Sale is a good idea with the thought that a lot of the bullpen gets the day off the day before.

That's the idea. Our top 3 starters are Sale, Q, and Danks. But Robin spread them out so the bullpen can have some rest in case Johnson and Paulino both have short outings on back to back days.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
Frustratingly dicking around the strike zone racking up his pitch count. But his stuff has looked good and one of those runs in unearned. He's finished strong and doesn't look too bad. I mean can't be too upset with one ER in 5 innings, of course you would hope he could go deeper. Had a hard hit ball in the first that could go out on some days.

Keep in mind he is facing one of the worst teams in baseball in very ideal pitching conditions. He was a good bet to put up decent numbers if he kept his walks down.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
That's the idea. Our top 3 starters are Sale, Q, and Danks. But Robin spread them out so the bullpen can have some rest in case Johnson and Paulino both have short outings on back to back days.

He didn't want to stack 3 leftys b2b2b.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
He didn't want to stack 3 leftys b2b2b.

If that's really the case, then he could have just went Sale, Quintana, Johnson/Paulino, Danks, Johnson/Paulino.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
If that's really the case, then he could have just went Sale, Quintana, Johnson/Paulino, Danks, Johnson/Paulino.

Surprised to see Paulino back out there starting the inning with 98 pitches when his control hasn't been sharp all game.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
Surprised to see Paulino back out there starting the inning with 98 pitches when his control hasn't been sharp all game.

I actually have no problem with this. With his "missing lots of time" last year...if we can get him stretched out early in the season, by finding his pitch limit and slowly pushing it upwards, we might be able to build his arm more.