Sox vs Twins April 2 game thread

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)
So glad this is the last year of Dunn.

Thing is, if he struggles out of the gate the first few weeks, I don't see how you keep sitting Viciedo on the bench. And no, I'm not trolling :)

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
He said a little while ago the leash will be short and if there is no improvement, the short term options will be in play. 2 games is a little too short of a leash.

He has been shopping for the replacement catcher for months now, at least. Two games isn't going to stop that process.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
Thing is, if he struggles out of the gate the first few weeks, I don't see how you keep sitting Viciedo on the bench. And no, I'm not trolling :)

I was thinking the same thing. Would've been nice to get Tank a few ABs this game, regardless of L/R. I think they are keeping Dunn in against RHP to show the league that he has some value in a platoon, unfortunately it looks like he may not be any better against RHP this year.

Edited by DashFan

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
He has been shopping for the replacement catcher for months now, at least. Two games isn't going to stop that process.

San Diego and Houston are the best options, though I am not sure the Sox have much that would match up with their needs without affecting the rebuilding process.