Sox vs Twins April 2 game thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
So it was trap the umpire called him out and then replay showed a trap and the guy gets second?

It's dumb. It's like they're emulating what would have happened had they made the right call or something.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:35 PM)
Basically we got penalized because the umpire made a bad call. Because if he ruled it a drop from the get go, Eaton would have had him at 2B anyway.

That's the part that makes absolutely no sense to me. You can't just give him 2B because Eaton dropped the ball. That's like assuming Plouffe would have been at 2B. But he clearly wasn't. He was running back towards first when Eaton "dropped" the ball.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
f***ing Luery didn't even step on 2B. What a twat.

Not only that, but Idiot Eaton not only drops the easiest fly ball of the year, but then he can't even throw it in to second, three hopping his throw to the inept utility infielder, L Garcia. Just play the game, boys.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
Wow, awful. Plouffe would have been out at second easily.

False. He only ran back after the out call. He was almost halfway to second. If the initial ruling is no catch, he's at second easily.

You can't punish a baserunner for not knowing a call will be reversed on replay.

See, these are the issues I brought up before. Instant replay isn't as easy as everyone thinks.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:37 PM)
That's the part that makes absolutely no sense to me. You can't just give him 2B because Eaton dropped the ball. That's like assuming Plouffe would have been at 2B. But he clearly wasn't. He was running back towards first when Eaton "dropped" the ball.

All Garcia had to do was to walk over and step on second. Once time was called, it was too late.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:37 PM)

That's what I was saying earlier, the only outcome of that review should have been figuring out which runner gets to stand at 1B with 1 out.