Sox vs Twins April 2 game thread

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)
Well, to be fair to soxfest, it's 2 guys that if they're on your roster should be your 25th man.

True. I didn't see Garcia on the roster and then we had the injury and Flowers? ell it is Tyler Flowers and you hope this is just one of those games and he rebounds. There aren't any other options anyway

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:38 PM)
False. He only ran back after the out call. He was almost halfway to second. If the initial ruling is no catch, he's at second easily.

You can't punish a baserunner for not knowing a call will be reversed on replay.

See, these are the issues I brought up before. Instant replay isn't as easy as everyone thinks.

You can say the same thing for the fielder.

In the end, it's the umpire's fault for not making the correct call to begin with.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
You can say the same thing for the fielder.

In the end, it's the umpire's fault for not making the correct call to begin with.

Nope. He's not getting him at second even if he knows he drops it. Go watch it again.

It's the correct application of the rule and system.

Your last sentence is irrelevant, this is why they put replay in. Ultimately, it's actually Eaton's fault for dropping it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
Balta, how about this defense?

My computer is too slow to run either the audio or video packages without completely freezing, I'm watching ESPN's gameday on my phone. But from the sounds of it...pretty much what I expected this season.