Sox vs Twins April 2 game thread

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)
I love seeing this team sustain innings instead of depending on the homer. So far that is 7 runs in 9.1 innings of offense, without a single home run.

8 runs, and 3 of those runs came courtesy homers by Alejandro De Aza

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 12:59 PM)
What the f*** is Tyler doing not catching that ball at home plate and tagging Kubel? Sure it would have been close, but it was a perfect throw..... What a jackass.

Can't block plate per new rules.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
What the f*** is Tyler doing not catching that ball at home plate and tagging Kubel? Sure it would have been close, but it was a perfect throw..... What a jackass.

Probably because you can't block the plate if you don't have the ball now. He took it a bit too literally though.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Paulino's breaking stuff just looks like garbage so far. As fathom said, hopefully that'll improve as time goes on here.

Its possible hes not getting a real good grip to throw his stuff given the weather.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Paulino reminds me of Edwin - about 100 pitches thru 3 innings, several K's, a few runs.

Good news is we dont have to pay Edwin's clone a load of money

Paulino needs to dig deep and not a deep hole either. Maybe he is confused. You just can't give runs back like that. The Sox see something in him and he has had past success. I hope he can be a consistent helpful pitcher for this team

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Paulino reminds me of Edwin - about 100 pitches thru 3 innings, several K's, a few runs.

We should all be very happy if Paulino is like Edwin.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:03 PM)
Its possible hes not getting a real good grip to throw his stuff given the weather.

Fair point.

I'm not too thrilled with Semien thus far. He's had one solid hit thus far and hasn't looked particularly good at the plate. It's still early, but I don't see Semien getting PT over Beckham when Gordon's back.