Sox vs Twins April 2 game thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
PLEASE MAKE CITY REBUILD STADIUM SO I SIGN PLAYERS K?

Some Cubs fans already want him fired...just wait until they start dropping some of these failed prospects

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
I'm not too thrilled with Semien thus far. He's had one solid hit thus far and hasn't looked particularly good at the plate. It's still early, but I don't see Semien getting PT over Beckham when Gordon's back.

You just wait, Semien will be lashing line drives all over the place in due time. I don't care if Beckham ever comes back, and I wore my Beckham jersey on Monday.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Yes, but you can stand on the backside of it or right out to the side of it, just as long as the runner has a direct path to the plate. Flowers was 5 feet in front of the plate catching that strike from Eaton.

Don't cry if you don't understand the rule.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
I'm not too thrilled with Semien thus far. He's had one solid hit thus far and hasn't looked particularly good at the plate. It's still early, but I don't see Semien getting PT over Beckham when Gordon's back.

Is this a serious post? Your giving Semien 6 ab's? This is why I try to stay out of game threads.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
Is this a serious post? Your giving Semien 6 ab's? This is why I try to stay out of game threads.

lol I'm one of the last people who will judge players based on a small sample size.

Just because I don't like what I've seen so far doesn't mean I don't think he'll ever succeed. The thing with Semien is that Beckham is still the guy at 2B. Unless he can wow the coaching staff in his limited time, he's not going to take 2B from Beckham.