Attendance

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
For example, the Royals have "T-Shirt Tuesdays."

Try something...anything...besides just fireworks, Picnic in the Park and Dog Day Afternoons.

The Sox have a $20 lower deck ticket during Chris Sale starts which include a free t-shirt. They haven't sold that out, and it's only one section.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:17 PM)
The Sox have a $20 lower deck ticket during Chris Sale starts which include a free t-shirt. They haven't sold that out, and it's only one section.

Is there a link for this?

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 12, 2014 -> 08:00 AM)
As I have posted before, the White Sox major problem is they don't sell enough coprorate season tickets. I don't mean coprorate boxes which the major companies buy, but blocks of grandstand seats usually 4+. The companies then give them out to customers employees etc. I bet teams like Boston, New York, LA etc have 15-20, 000 seats sold to businesses.

The economy as well as the recent crap seasons have eroded the entire season ticket base. But yes, the corporate seats have been hit hard too.

The $5 Sunday tix are to get guys like me in. Regular jackoffs

But they ARE working hard to get the premium seats filled. But when companies need to cut 20k from a budget, sox tix are a likely victim.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Are you actually as stupid as that last question ? Damn either read everything I say or don't twist my words around. I said it's one of the many ways the Hawks show appreciation for the fans in a well run , well orchestrated marketing strategy.

And how much would that marketing strategy matter if the Hawks hadn't made the playoffs once in six seasons?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)

How many fans are even aware of this?

Heck, might as well try "Two for Tuesdays" or "Thirsty Thursdays," typical minor league marketing tricks to get the younger crowd in with cheaper beer. You just have to police/control it...and be very vigilant about drunken behavior, because even though it's rampant at Wrigley Field, it always seems to come back to haunt the Sox somehow.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:29 AM)
I feel like they show that section on TV after every Sale strikeout. That's how I was made aware of it.

And what are they doing when he's on the DL? Serious question. Still continuing when it's his spot in the rotation? How would a fan know?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:31 PM)
And what are they doing when he's on the DL? Serious question. Still continuing when it's his spot in the rotation? How would a fan know?

If you go to the link on the White Sox website, it will tell you what days he is scheduled to pitch. Right now it is blank. I don't know what else they are supposed to do. IIRC, I think the ad for this promotion has even popped up on this site a few times.

It's pretty basic. And if it is geared toward the younger crowd, the internet is one thing in which they are far better versed than the older crowd.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
It all comes down to winning. The Hawks are winning. When they were not, they occassionally had tickets for FREE on ticketmaster.com, and still didn't have half the seats full.

The White Sox need to win consistently. It has to be where making the playoffs is the expectation year after year, not hoping to get in once every 5 or 6 season. Then, attendance will be fine.

I'd say this is accurate. But it still wouldn't hurt for marketing to start gearing up ,showing they have some interest in getting fans in the seats before hand on a more consistent basis. If winning is the only thing that puts butts in the seats then a marketing department is highly over rated.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:26 PM)

Heck, might as well try "Two for Tuesdays" or "Thirsty Thursdays," typical minor league marketing tricks to get the younger crowd in with cheaper beer. You just have to police/control it...and be very vigilant about drunken behavior, because even though it's rampant at Wrigley Field, it always seems to come back to haunt the Sox somehow.

Ugh, no, do not want to watch games with even drunker people.

Brewers used to offer a family package of $50 for a family of four including 4 hot dogs/sodas etc. I think Sox could pull that off for $80 and it still be a heck of a deal.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)
If you go to the link on the White Sox website, it will tell you what days he is scheduled to pitch. Right now it is blank. I don't know what else they are supposed to do. IIRC, I think the ad for this promotion has even popped up on this site a few times.

It's pretty basic. And if it is geared toward the younger crowd, the internet is one thing in which they are far better versed than the older crowd.

This makes me feel so old.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
And how much would that marketing strategy matter if the Hawks hadn't made the playoffs once in six seasons?

And as I have already stated that is surely the most likely question asked. What came 1st the "this is a new owner ,a new team ,a new attitude towards the fans, a new beginning /marketing strategy or the winning ?

Likely they go hand in hand, but at least they realized they had to sell the fans a lot better than they were and even though now that it's a great product they continue to do so.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

If you want to save some money, go to whitesox.com and the tickets link. They have the k-zone, Sox save of the week.... all their deals are there to see.

White Sox tickets can be very expensive. Ridiculously expensive. But they also can be cheaper than the Kane County Cougars.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)

Um........ten cent beer night anyone?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:42 PM)
And as I have already stated that is surely the most likely question asked. What came 1st the "this is a new owner ,a new team ,a new attitude towards the fans, a new beginning /marketing strategy or the winning ?

Likely they go hand in hand, but at least they realized they had to sell the fans a lot better than they were and even though now that it's a great product they continue to do so.

I'd say the arrival of #19 and #88 is what increased the attendance and fandom.

Either way, I don't get why Sox fans have a stigma against saying, "I don't go to Sox games because the team isn't good enough". It's like they are worried they will lose their fan card if they say that, so they have to think of any other excuse. The team has made the playoffs once in 8 years, zero times in the last 5, it makes sense that people have lost interest in the team.

Chicago is the third largest market in the USA and we drew 18,000, pathetic and embarrassing. Don't tell me it was Mothers day, it was Mothers Day all over the country, Baltimore had 45,000, Milwaukee, LA and NY all over 40,000. We are getting outdrawn by the Rays and the Marlins. Where are all the Sox fans? Down through the years we have had lousy ownership from cheap Charles Comiskey, to underfunded Bill Veeck to the current regime who if we hadn't won in 2005 we would begging them to sell. This franchise has never made the post-season 2 years in a row, that's amazing. High prices for seats and parking plus a lousy location not to mention alienating the fan base many times many times through the years has led to a very apathetic fan base and it saddens me to no end. I may be wrong but I think the franchise is in trouble and when the lease is up do not be surprised it the Sox move to another town.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2014 -> 05:43 PM)
If you want to save some money, go to whitesox.com and the tickets link. They have the k-zone, Sox save of the week.... all their deals are there to see.

White Sox tickets can be very expensive. Ridiculously expensive. But they also can be cheaper than the Kane County Cougars.

Yeah I have to say I've been going straight to stubhub past few years assuming i'm getting a deal on season ticket holders droppin tix.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Are you actually as stupid as that last question ? Damn either read everything I say or don't twist my words around. I said it's one of the many ways the Hawks show appreciation for the fans in a well run , well orchestrated marketing strategy.

Their marketing didn't work for s*** before Toews and Kane got there. In terms of similarity to the White Sox, the Hawks are about as close as it gets. In general, they are secondary to the Bulls, Bears, and Cubs in every way shape and form. They are popular now, because they are winning. When they weren't winning, NO ONE was going. They were drawing 8000 a night.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)

A JR led team won't ever go back to this. They have buried that image of both the old Comiskey and Stadium and it isn't coming back. They want nothing to do with that crowd anymore. That is why everything is "family" oriented.