Sox vs Twins April 3 game thread

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
INCLUDING LAST SEASON...whenever you think they MIGHT be able to get on an extended winning streak, everything just falls apart.

This season simply has nothing to do with last. I dont expect a bunt in the first inning because Ozzie did it a lot in 2005. Didnt the Ventura led white sox go on a few extended winning streaks in 2012?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)
Obviously he is referring to years past, but he is also forgetting it's the 4th inning and we are only down by 2. I'm not sure why anyone is throwing in the towel on this game. The Twins aren't good.

Yeah, I know, Hughes sucks, I get it.

It's just that "here we go again feeling" that sucks. I'm sure if it's not the fielding or fundamentals, it will be the bullpen or something else.

Maybe it's better not to believe they might actually be able to compete for anything and just accept it for what it is, which is likely a maddeningly inconsistent/unpredictable team which shows flashes/glimpses but also can drive you crazy.

Sweeping the Twins wouldn't mean THAT much anyway, most are predicting them to be even worse than us this season.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:23 PM)
159 games of the Adam Dunn Experiment left...matter of fact, that will make a good sig...

Unfortunately, it was like one of those experiments where there's an explosion and some creature forms from the ashes, and then the creature goes on a four year rampage eating cities and getting tangled in high tension wires.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 07:29 PM)
This season simply has nothing to do with last. I dont expect a bunt in the first inning because Ozzie did it a lot in 2005. Didnt the Ventura led white sox go on a few extended winning streaks in 2012?

Last year's team didn't go on big winning streaks because they flat out stunk. When you can't field or hit, you're not going to win a lot.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)

Tell that to Balta/B. Or 75% of White Sox fans.

Yes, the talent has changed, quite a bit.

But that kind of inning has been going on since the last two weeks of 2012...seemingly on an endless loop.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:30 PM)
Last year's team didn't go on big winning streaks because they flat out stunk. When you can't field or hit, you're not going to win a lot.

No disagreement here. And again, it has nothing to do with the team the Sox are fielding.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)

But that kind of inning has been going on since the last two weeks of 2012...seemingly on an endless loop.

Ok. sure

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)
Unfortunately, it was like one of those experiments where there's an explosion and some creature forms from the ashes, and then the creature goes on a four year rampage eating cities and getting tangled in high tension wires.

And then morphs'splits/divides into those creatures from Attack the Block, haha.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)

Do you access to the thoughts of 75% of Sox fans, or do you make up arbitrary numbers to support your thoughts?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
Farmer and DJ didn't even believe the Twins WEREN'T going to score after Escobar ended up at second.

Generally, when someone strikes out but reaches, then escapes a rundown and winds up on second, most people think he is destined to score. He cheated outs twice. It generally means trouble.