Sox vs Twins April 3 game thread

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
You do not put a bad RF and move him to LF it is the other way around.

No its not.

I saw Garcia in the outfield last year and he looked shaky and I see that he is no better this year.

Remember when there was a thought that he could be a CF....

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
Had him playing way too shallow for a clean-up hitter there. (Remember all the talk about Garcia playing CF?)

Ramirez got fooled by the location of the pitch to Mauer...it was down and in and he started moving towards second, expecting him to pull it, but he should have known that he would take that pitch and go the opposite way with it.

Quintana shaken now. Eight strikeouts, though.

He broke the wrong way. It's like watching Aaron Rowand all over. Every play is an adventure.

My expectations are so low, finally, I've not had the urge to blast anybody on the team yet or get all mad. I'm just feeling like a chump because my mlb.com appears to be not working this year and I paid 130 bucks. My work MAC isn't that old or outdated to not get me the feed. Garcia's defense in right is a little concerning tho.

I hate to say it, but 2 out of 3 would be pretty OK this series (if you consider how bad the Sox were last year, etc).

Are the Sox going to use all 5 starters to open the season or since there was an off day does KC have to face some of the front end of our rotation? I'd hate to see KC get to face our 4 and 5 when we can flip it back over to Sale if we want to.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
No its not.

I saw Garcia in the outfield last year and he looked shaky and I see that he is no better this year.

Remember when there was a thought that he could be a CF....

So you have the opinion the worst fielder in the OF plays in left?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
Eye opening performance in RF today. Have to keep reminding myself these guys are young.

Age is not an excuse for catching a flyball.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
LOL, just remember to eat crow when the 22 year old in RF ends up being a good player for the Sox.

I wonder if he'll have to fail at the MLB level in order to make the necessary adjustments to reach his potential? He's had great success during his career in terms of getting singles, but he has the potential to be much more than a slap hitter.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
LOL, just remember to eat crow when the 22 year old in RF ends up being a good player for the Sox.

As long as he can hit 20-25 homers per season, he'll be a valuable player...assuming his OBP is much higher than Viciedo's, for example.

If not, he's just another version of Dayan with more athleticism/potential...perhaps a bit higher average, but fairly similar results.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:53 PM)
I wonder if he'll have to fail at the MLB level in order to make the necessary adjustments to reach his potential? He's had great success during his career in terms of getting singles, but he has the potential to be much more than a slap hitter.

I mean, its the third game of the season...

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)
Age is not an excuse for catching a flyball.

DJ and Dan Gladden both argue that he simply lost it in the lights...of course, it's easy to say he should have pulled up and just blocked it, preventing the 3rd run from scoring, but that's the correct play if you can't pick it up in RCF there.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:53 PM)
As long as he can hit 20-25 homers per season, he'll be a valuable player...assuming his OBP is much higher than Viciedo's, for example.

If not, he's just another version of Dayan with more athleticism/potential...perhaps a bit higher average, but fairly similar results.

I don't think his natural swing plane will generate power. He gets no lift. He'll have to overhaul his entire swing to be a power hitter. Add some uppercut.