Sox vs Twins April 3 game thread

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
Garcia's horrendous defence really hurts his overall value. Combine that with his tendency to hit the ball on the ground and he has a long way to go.

I'm not liking him. He has Willie Mays Hayes game in Alex Rodriguez' body.

Gee, that wasn't predictable.

Sigh.

Better have mandatory 9:00 a.m. infield practice tmrw in Kansas City.

Quintana's been rattled the entire inning after getting two outs against Escobar.

Ramirez....veteran SS, just a ridiculous play on the pickoff not running the baserunner back to 1st...this after the strikeout that got between Flowers' legs.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 03:13 PM)
Garcia's horrendous defence really hurts his overall value. Combine that with his tendency to hit the ball on the ground and he has a long way to go.

Remember though, he's only 22. Of course he has a long way to go. There are 22 year olds in A-ball who will be successful big leaugers.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
Just horrible by Garcia.

Flowers, Abreu, and A. Garcia all with errors this inning. Before someone corrects me, I understand that Flowers and Garcia didn't technically make errors.

a passed ball on a K should count as 3 errors

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
Just horrible by Garcia.

Flowers, Abreu, and A. Garcia all with errors this inning. Before someone corrects me, I understand that Flowers and Garcia didn't technically make errors.

It was a strikeout and wild pitch, I think.

As far as Abreu, it was interference, even though Escobar was technically out of the baseline.

The error on that play REALLY belonged with Alexei Ramirez. Just no excuse for SEVEN throws at the major league level. NONE. ZERO.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
alright, lets forget this crap inning and go out and tack a run back on them or two or 10

After all the no decisions and that crap inning that is least they can do for Q.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
How are all of those earned?

Yeah I don't understand how they're earned either. Had Flowers not had the passed ball, no runs would have scored if you assumed the rest of the inning went the same way.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Yeah I don't understand how they're earned either. Had Flowers not had the passed ball, no runs would have scored if you assumed the rest of the inning went the same way.

I believe the guy who reached on an error was erased on the bases.