4/5- White Sox @ Royals 1:10 PM CT

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
So does Micah Johnson, who is probably even better.

I'm much more confident that Semien will be a starting everyday player than I am Micah. Micah definitely has the one insane tool that people are in love with but I'm not sold on him yet. Hope I'm wrong and they're both mlb starters.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 01:47 PM)
So does Micah Johnson, who is probably even better.

Maybe, maybe not.

Semien has a lot more pop in his bat and better defense at 2B...Micah Johnson's more of a threat on the basepaths. He's going to have to put up a ton of doubles and triples (like Eaton) because he's not a power hitter by any stretch of the imagination.

With Johnson, the biggest concern is defensively, sticking on the infield or being moved to LF/CF.

Put them together, you have another Ray Durham. Individually, both might not make it as major league regulars.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
He bunts less than any manager in baseball. Only 2 teams the last 10 years bunted less than the 2013 White Sox.

Good to hear. Was just responding to the Marcus needs to learn how to bunt post.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 02:04 PM)
Through six:

John Danks- 105 pitches (69/36), 5 hits, 3 ER, 4 BB, KKKKKK.

ERA is 4.5, obviously.

2 consecutive walks and the Aoki stolen base really hurt him the most.

He's been fine for a 4 starter. Offense just hasn't done anything with Chen, as usual.

Trade EN FUEGO Ramirez now before he puts up 30-40 errors with Abreu doing a poor imitation of the Konerko scoop at 1B, haha.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 07:57 PM)
Chen ranging from 65 to 88.

Moore/Yost probably made the right decision holding back Ventura for the Rays. Guthrie and Chen own the Sox.

Konerko fooled by a pitch right down the middle.

The key to only losing 88-90 games this season is winning series against the Cleveland's, Minnesota's, Yankees, Baltimore's of the world and some of those NL teams. We're simply not going to beat the good teams like KC, Detroit, just about everybody in the East.